The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Working Vessels

Aziz static to rc

<< < (2/17) > >>

Fastfaz:
Hi Ronnie,
     Normal set up for a twin screw Tug would be tank steering i.e. left stick Port motor right stick Starboard motor both up for forward and down for reverse, you could operate the two motors using a Y lead from each ESC to the receiver but if there is any difference between the two motors start point of power ( a bit like tickover in a car) it will affect the straight running of the boat. My set up was as above with rudder left to right on the right stick and Bow thruster left to right on the left stick, once you get used to it you can steer the boat just using the power of the motors for example to go Port use reverse on the left stick and forward on the right stick. There is lots of info and help on set up and steering on the forum have a browse there are some very helpful people on here. Hope this helps.
           Cheers, Pete. :-)) :-)) :-))

Colin Bishop:
You can also use a mixer which will enable both screws to be controlled from the left hand stick.

Explanation here:

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/media/sparsh/product_attachment/P40D_compressed.pdf

Colin

ronnie42:
The component shop/action electronics, sent a board back for repair over a week ago. They have not phoned or emailed me a price for the repair, how long is the average turnaround on repairs?  I am 2 stanchions short for the AZIZ rebuild, can't find any of the flat stamped out ones , its all the round versions, who sells this type. Found a detailed build and followed the spacings from the lifeboat to the crane . Need the ones for each end , curved the ends for now.

mountfleet:
Hi Ronnie42, if you make a list of the bits you need and email it to me, I can sort out the bits.
Adam
Mountfleet models

ronnie42:
Thanks Adam  . i know i need a few stanchions, lifebouys, some valves and quite a few photo etch valve handles. Will make a list and send to Mountfield models. Doing a rebuild without the kit instructions is problematic as i have discovered that when you look at images no two builds are alike . If you want to add detail thats OK as a search brings up lots of builds. Found one thats interesting, AZIZ red merlin rebuild  like the curved rails on the work deck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version