Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hurricane 1000 IOM yacht  (Read 3466 times)

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Hurricane 1000 IOM yacht
« on: October 27, 2007, 01:12:04 am »

Does anyone have any experience and/or opinion of the Hurricane 1000 IOM ready to sail model yacht? I was thinking of having a go at sailing as a change from electric power, as we have access to some good sailing water nearby, and noticed the above model advertised and recommended by a respected marine model shop in Melbourne. I was looking for some independent opinions of users of this model.
Peter

romainpek

Re: Hurricane 1000 IOM yacht
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 03:29:25 am »

I did not sail it but I've seen it in the Beijing Model Exhibition 3 weeks ago. I even have a flyer from the company making it (Nanjing Beili Model).

It's a bit like a Monsoon 900, only bigger and the Sail winch has a whole loop system on the deck. As for the Monsoon, there is no real adjustable gooseneck and the jib lacks a "backstay" (?) (balancine in French).

It looks good.

Grunt44

Re: Hurricane 1000 IOM yacht
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 02:09:06 am »

Does anyone have any experience and/or opinion of the Hurricane 1000 IOM ready to sail model yacht? I was thinking of having a go at sailing as a change from electric power, as we have access to some good sailing water nearby, and noticed the above model advertised and recommended by a respected marine model shop in Melbourne. I was looking for some independent opinions of users of this model.
Peter
There is always one listed on ebay , good pricing as compared to elsewhere  (Aust ) , I purchased the little brother , the Triumph800 , not had chance to sale as yet
Grant
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.