Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > DC Motors (Brushed) and Speed Controllers

Conversion 5ft mono ic boat /conversion to electric running

(1/2) > >>

howard66spary:
Good Evening To All
I have a ic powerd apache mono hull fitted out with a 25cc nitro engine and the relevant  hardware , 

The problem i have is the local  conservation group and fisherman take a dim view of nitro boats on the river , i also suspect that the local council would object
I do run electric without a problem so my question is could i convert it to electric i realize that some of the existing parts would have to be removed but would like to retain some if i could find a buyer who could run it as a nitro boat
No trim tabs or turning knives have been fitted
I would welcome any advice on a possible conversion at least this way it would not be wasted and not go as fast as the nitro

Thanks
Best Regards
H W Spary

Fastelectrics:
Do you know the output power and RPM of the existing motor? I am assuming that you are looking at similar performance to your current set up.

howard66spary:
Thanks to Fast Electrics

I will check the engine and see which make it is  may be able to find the spec for it

Thanks for your reply and interest

H W Spary

Rich griff:
Please post a picture of the IC engine please.

howard66spary:
Good morning all

Not very good with computers , but have found the spec for the engine tucked in bow of boat it is a s254 evolution version which looks to be mounted on a dedicated aluminum frame
I assume the water cooling system can be adapted for an electric motor , would leave the tuned pipe in and fuel tank servos are for rudder and what would have been throttle which are mounted in a waterproof box

Hope this helps
Thanks H W Spary

:-))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version