Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bank Card Readers  (Read 1334 times)

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
Bank Card Readers
« on: February 14, 2022, 04:56:02 pm »

Had to transfer some money the about 4 week back thought I might need my card reader eventually found it turned it on  seemed to be ok Menu seemed to work. OK went ahead filled everything in came to using the card reader gets sorry your reader is not working you may need a new reader. Tried phoning ignored the  robots  just kept saying get Human and eventually did. Explained what happened got what I thought was you'll get a new reader. This morning popped into the local branch  lady said you have to do it on line  I said  that I thought that it might not be faulty as when I switched it on  Oh she said it has an on/off switch  those ones do not work anymore you do need a new one. I asked but surely  they should have been replaced then, Lovely smile Sorrreeeeee. Not very reassuring for a banks efficiency

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Bank Card Readers
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 09:05:10 pm »

Just spent an enjoyable (NOT) couple of hours trying to do a continued insurance for car. OK except forgot password for my account so clicked onto forgot password button. We then had to fill in name, e-mail address, post code etc and then proceed BUT it then informed me the details were incorrect and to call them. Spoke to an operative who changed the password to one she'd entered so tried again. Still wouldn't let me in so password changed again at their end and still no joy. Had to do it longhand over the phone. Problem passed to 'Technical' dept but could take a coupe of weeks for a reply.

Regards   Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

warspite

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 09:17:35 pm »

Its the old story - dont write down your password details - they say, then you spend hours trawling through paperwork and trying to rack your brain to what you may have but these as  O0
Operational - 1/72 LCMIII, 1/180 Sovereign, HMS Victory to be sailed
Non Operational - 1/72 Corvette, 1/72 E-Boat, 1/72 vosper mtb
incomplete, tug, cardboard castle class convert

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 09:30:17 pm »

Just spent an enjoyable (NOT) couple of hours trying to do a continued insurance for car. OK except forgot password for my account so clicked onto forgot password button. We then had to fill in name, e-mail address, post code etc and then proceed BUT it then informed me the details were incorrect and to call them. Spoke to an operative who changed the password to one she'd entered so tried again. Still wouldn't let me in so password changed again at their end and still no joy. Had to do it longhand over the phone. Problem passed to 'Technical' dept but could take a coupe of weeks for a reply.

Regards   Ian.

In a similar example I had to get my proof of second Covid vaccination on to my Covid passport. I originally contacted the vaccine data department in late October and waited for a response… seven weeks later I was eventually contacted and I explained the problem that the second jab wasn’t appearing on the online passport. She said that I needed to provide some basic security information before she could continue with the correction- date of birth (no problem), postcode of my GP surgery (bit of an issue but not too difficult to remember as it’s the station’s postcode), and then the final question… what’s the first line of the GP surgery address? I thought I knew it so I gave it to which I was shocked to hear wasn’t correct! So I gave another variation in case it was recorded differently- once again no! She essentially said it was correct but she needed to hear the Road name… it’s a medical centre on a RAF base as far as I was aware stating the name of the building and the station name would be enough to identify it correctly but alas no! After 20 minutes of trying to think of what it could be whilst she checked with her supervisor about the exactness of what she was seeing on her screen I decided to bring up Google Maps to see if there was a street name… to my horror there were two possibilities so I gave both to her to which was accepted! She said she knew what I was saying was correct but couldn’t deviate from the information on the screen. I was fuming for a good couple of hours despite getting the correction sorted!
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 11:37:27 pm »

Hi all, I had my payment for my fare to Oz by M&S bank refused as they did not have a mobile phone registered to the account.  Never been a problem before!  Dealt with it all separately.
Roy

KitS

• Full Mayhemer
  • Getting back into the hobby after years adrift...
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 10:04:12 am »

Dear, oh dear, the whole world's gone 'security' mad!

It'll all end in tears, mark my words.
Regards
Kit

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 10:26:29 am »

Dear, oh dear, the whole world's gone 'security' mad!

And with good reason it would seem, given the amount of scamming going on. It just adds to frustration levels for the honest unfortunately.

Colin

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2022, 10:38:40 am »

they did not have a mobile phone registered to the account.
[/size]
[/size]  What's a mobile phone?
[/size]
[/size]  Regards  Ian

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2022, 10:39:51 am »

What's with the 'size' crap when you do a cut and paste >>:-(

Regards  Ian.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2022, 10:43:47 am »

What's with the 'size' crap when you do a cut and paste

It is probably trying to interpret the formatting which is attached to your pasted text.

Colin

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2022, 10:51:37 am »

Ahh, my fault  :-))  Strangely enough, doesn't seem to happen using the same action on other fori.

Regards  Ian.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2022, 10:58:25 am »

Strangely enough, doesn't seem to happen using the same action on other fori.

No, because different fori have different text editors which interpret things differently. Your browser can also affect things too. Same thing happens with websites.They can work fine with some browsers and devices such as tablets or phones but are unusable with others. Such is life.

Colin

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2022, 11:27:20 am »

My apple software has a feature in which it asks you when you register on a site if you want it to remember the entered password.  Having scores of passwords and some quite complicated if it is a computer generated password I usually click YES . Thats fine until the programme has a lockup and when the engineer has re-set the machine you find all your passwords are gone. Progress ?
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2022, 11:31:11 am »

Windows does the same. However I keep all my passwords in a password manager program where they are encrypted and you just nee to remember or record the master password. You can at least then get them back easily.

Some operating system updates can also cause your device to forget login details.

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.