Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aphrodite Commuter Yacht  (Read 1036 times)

sabre

• Full Mayhemer
Aphrodite Commuter Yacht
« on: February 16, 2022, 01:43:27 pm »

After many hours of wandering around the web for something to build I have finally decided that I am going to have a stab at building a 48" version of this beautiful thing.   The lite ply has arrived and a couple of pics of the real craft which has been restored should be below.   It's not going to be easy especially the tail end but with a little patience hopefully my efforts won't be wasted.

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
Re: Aphrodite Commuter Yacht
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 03:22:37 pm »

Lovely looking boat. I didn't think the rear was too difficult looking at the side view until I saw the rear photo! Will certainly be a challenge. Bit surprised at using Liteply.

Chris
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

sabre

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 06:56:46 pm »

I used lite ply quite successfully on another large model hull and it was easy enough to cut in to strips of around 10mm wide.  Nice fine grain birch ply will be used for the superstructure and deck as it will be varnished.

Started painting this but it has stalled as I wasn't pleased with the finish of the paint so It's going to get another sanding.

Stuw

• Full Mayhemer
  • slow motion modeller...
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 01:28:33 pm »

Lovely looking vessel. Await your progress with interest!
2 Lesro Javelins... and that’s it. Not even close to finished!

sabre

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 02:08:03 pm »

After a lot of searching I found some info on the web but progress was slow due to the garage being way too cold.   The cutting knife was eventually put to work on the lite ply along with a diy strip cutter and after a lot of sanding and trimming this is what I ended up with.   Still got to finish off the rear end then fitting the prop shaft  and rudder post will be next on the list then I can finish planking the frame.    All very amateurish and unorthodox but hopefully something that resembles the real thing will be the result.   

Stuw

• Full Mayhemer
  • slow motion modeller...
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2022, 03:21:40 pm »

Looks good to me!
2 Lesro Javelins... and that’s it. Not even close to finished!

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2022, 11:01:38 pm »

And me. You're too modest!

Chris
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.