Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Useful RC Boat 3D Printed Parts  (Read 1283 times)

DJW

• Full Mayhemer
Useful RC Boat 3D Printed Parts
« on: February 19, 2022, 02:23:32 pm »

Hi All

I'm quite a new user of 3D printers and so have been looking around at what others have built, and designed some of my own in tinkercad. Thought it might be useful to start a list of boat related printable parts on a thread as I'm sure forum members have either found useful designs, or have designed some.  Here's my opener, found on Thingiverse, a flange mount for XT60 and XT90 connectors:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3113398

I've built both sizes on my Select Mini V2, found that I had to add support in Cura, and doing that generates a bit of effort to finish, but worth it and can recommend.

Best regards to all
David.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Useful RC Boat 3D Printed Parts
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 04:43:58 pm »

:-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

DJW

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 10:42:36 am »

OK, here's another one.  Found a couple of 'fenders' at 1/10 scale on Thingiverse, the author suggests using them as keyrings.  And sure enough if printed in PLA they're pretty rigid and might be fine as keyrings, but could damage a hull if used deployed.  I guess they'd be fine in PLA if just used for on deck detailing.  However, if printed in flexible TPU filament, they're just like the real thing. (I used Sunlu TPU in white from Amazon)

I've printed up a set at 1/10 and at 1/5:

And the balloon type:

I'll be trimming and adding some blue 'caps' for detailing and will post the results.

I dialled back the infill to ensure flexibility, and found I had to slow down the printing to adapt to TPU filament.

Print Settings for my MP Select Mini using Cura.

Cura 'Normal' 0.175mm profile with these mods:

Infill 15%
Infill pattern Triangles
Head Temp 210°
Bed Temp 60°
Speed 15mm/s

Build Plate Adhesion - Raft
Support - Everywhere

(And I upped the scale in Cura to 195% to get the 1/5 versions, 200% just exceeded the print volume on Z axis.)

The Thingiverse links:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3314584

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3314598

This is my first use of flexible TPU filament.  It has interesting properties that I'm sure will see other uses where PLA is just too rigid. Hope this is of interest.

Best regards
David.

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 12:11:27 pm »

I generated my own fenders at 1/12 scale, then printed in ABS with a 10% infill and they work well enough, I have had little success with them in flexible as yet as they keep printing with a small hole, so leak, but I have not yet tried on my new 3d printer, so cant say for certain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.