Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M-Jet Sprint 3D printed boat  (Read 2492 times)

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
M-Jet Sprint 3D printed boat
« on: March 07, 2022, 04:33:37 pm »

Not been posting for a long time, have changed job and has been working hard on training (The EU IVDR deadline is cumming up 26th May for those who know what that is) BTW UK version is in progress due to the BREXIT.
I bought a Ender 3V2 printer last summer and has been using on and off, printing a 1:10 Sherman, but then  I stumbled over the M-Jet Sprinter by Stepan Muller  https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/hobby-diy/other/m-jet-sprint-3d-printable-rc-jetsprint-boat-model and as I'm know for waterjet models at my local club, well it was a simple choice.
I have printed the "strong version" of the hull incl. all the fittings and both the std. and the modified impeller for comparison.

I'll start the assembly later this week, there will be some painting of the engine and pilots.

I know that the background is a Ender 5+, I got 2 of those also.
My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

madwelshman

• Learning all the time.
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Fairey Marine Fanatic
Re: M-Jet Sprint 3D printed boat
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 09:08:47 pm »

This looks like an interesting little project tica. I look forward to following your progress and your thoughts on performance etc when you reach that point.

Will
49" Precedent Perkasa
46" Aerokits Sea Queen
42" Veron Fairey Huntsman 28 x2
34" Lesro Sportsman mk1
34" Precedent Fairey Huntsman 31 x3
34" Aerokits Sea Commander x2
29" Aerokits Sea Rover
20" Aerokits Fast Patrol Boat
16" Aerokits Sea Urchin

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 05:13:10 pm »

A bit more progress and a set-back.
I have prepared 2 motor solutions for test.
1: 3660 1700KV 278gram. 3/4S

2: 2848 3900KV 170gram. 2S and maybe 3S
Set-back is that I thought that I had OD5 / ID3mm silicon tube but it's OD 5.5mm and it's too thick so the lid cannot be set correctly to form a watertight seal. Had to order it on the great interweb with a long delivery time  >>:-(

But then I have time for the paint job on the pilots and engine.
Next job will be the shaft. More to come  :-)) 
My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 07:12:11 am »

Well hit a snag the other day, the motor mount is not aligned with the rest  >:-o and it appears that I'm the only one that has had this issue. It may relate to the use of the Ender 3V2 where a support wheel on the Z-axis had failed, and I didn't notice it, and I thought know that I had 2 hulls that was worthless, but no the designer modified the mount based on my measurements and know it fits  :-)
The paint job has started on the pilots and engines.
The Silicon tube is arriving today, 3 weeks early, but ain't complaining about that.

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 05:08:35 pm »

Slow progress the Postal service did not delivered the Silicon tubes as they said the would, nothing new in that  :-X
Paint is ongoing.
When done I'll make new shafts for the jets.

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2022, 06:03:36 pm »

As Will said earlier, an interesting build and am looking forward to when they are completed and on the water.

Chris
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2024, 05:44:06 pm »

Here from: https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,11822.msg758139.html#msg758139

What impeller did you use Tica?
I see there is a metal available now...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/623045356071128

I'm still new to 3D printer... the M-Jet Sprint  is all a bit too advanced for me.
 I'd have a go if the whole of the drive unit was available complete or as a kit.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2024, 06:50:33 pm »

For the M-jet you don't need the metal one, I'm running with impellers printed in PLA+ / PLA strong without any issues.
And there has been release a lot of mods for the M-jet since I build these 2, so I'm not up to date with it.

Martin it is not a difficult build, I did them on my Ender E3V2, so if you have run your Ender in (I believe that I did link to a good guide in your thread about buying a 3D printer) and done a flow optimization for the material you want to use it should be easy enough for you to print one.

BTW the next jetboat will be the Mini Ripper 1/10 https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/mini-ripper-1-10-scale-river-jet-boat-hpw25-incl printed in PLA and ABS (I have a Bambu Lab X1C now so ASA, ABS and PC is not a problem to print)

Cheep to buy and print IMO, but the HW is another story  %%

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2024, 03:55:38 pm »

Well apparently I didn't take that much pictures of it, but here are 3.
I could not find any video of it on the water and as we have access to a swimming pool a couple of days a month, I tested it in the bathtub yesterday, and it was leaking a lot so no trip to the swimming pool today.
Expect that it's the small O ring on the axel that is shot.

DJW

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2024, 08:43:30 pm »

Hi Tica

Looks like a really fun project. I'm upgrading to a Creality K1 from my current small MP Select Mini V2 in a month or two. Its been great to learn on but becoming a bit limiting on size and speed...  The K1 is same build volume as your Ender 3 I think, the Jetboat looks fun and ideal to take on. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Best regards
David.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.