Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: There has to be a catch!  (Read 8588 times)

Captain Jack

There has to be a catch!
« on: October 28, 2007, 01:25:07 am »

http://www.rcscalemodel.com/Salvirile%20Kit.php
Came across this kit, at a very reasonable price. Is anyone familiar with the kit, or built it?
Check out the website, gentleman, and give some opinions if you please. They seem to be offering a pot of gold, for the price of a pumpkin! I'm impressed with their offerings.

bigford

Re: There has to be a catch!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 02:00:09 am »

there is a whole topic on this guy >:( and about his e-bay sales
you have a look over on rc group

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719868

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 09:50:10 am »

hi captin jack . yes the price is not to good to be true , but thats one of the benefits of a very strong pound. One of my other hobbies is us ho trains and the prices at the moment are out of this world for what i have been told for two reasons. 1 the strong pound 2 the US ecomincy is in a slow down so lots of us shops offer big discounts over rrp to intise us customers. Word of caution it will be expensive to post the kit + UK customs will want the (Gorden brown :-\ tax) be reedy as the nice price you thought you were getting becomes not so nice. One way round it not 100% fool proof is if you known some one in the us is to get it shipped there , in turn they wrap it as a pressent , since its a gift you get through UK customs most of the time. If i did not have so many half finished boat i might be intrested as it works out cheep in pounds. As for the comments on the other forum via the link sent in by bigford left me a bit confussed they seamed not to like him or his postage but the did not touch on the kits.

bigford

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 11:10:52 am »

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 02:18:39 pm »

You might want to check out RC Scale's 'Wyeforce'...
http://www.rcscalemodel.com/Wyeforce.php
.. make a note of the name on the 'wyeforce'

Then compare it to..
http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/southampton-boat-p-1960.html...

..against the proper Wyeforce from Model Slipway..
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Common/Images_Tugs/wyeforce.jpg

You will notice that RC Scale is trying to pass off a RTR Southampton as a 'Wyeforce'  >:(

cptsparrow

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 06:22:01 pm »

You might want to check out RC Scale's 'Wyeforce'...
http://www.rcscalemodel.com/Wyeforce.php
.. make a note of the name on the 'wyeforce'

Then compare it to..
http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/southampton-boat-p-1960.html...

..against the proper Wyeforce from Model Slipway..
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Common/Images_Tugs/wyeforce.jpg

You will notice that RC Scale is trying to pass off a RTR Southampton as a 'Wyeforce'  >:(

I wouldn't say they're trying to pass off anything.  After all, the Southampton is a model of the 'real' Wyeforce tugboat operated by Itchen Marine.  I bought one of the Southampton tugs from RC Scale Model and they even reference the Wyeforce in the included instructions.  I've recently added cabin lights and spotlight to mine (LED's for both) with photocell for auto on/off in darkness and light.  Nevertheless and regardless of what they call the boat, it is a scale version of the Wyeforce tug and I'm very pleased with mine.  I've purchased 3 boats from them so far and have been pleased with each transaction.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 06:38:03 pm »

is OK to deal with this company so long as you except they pass of some one else kit as there own IE (re branding) . That oil rig supply vessel look a great kit from the photo and the price here in the UK ant to bad ???

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 06:40:30 pm »

Not impressed with the PT 109.
Watch the video, the PT boat is to low in the water, it is to heavy in the bow and can not get up on the plane to save its life.  {-) {-) ::)

http://www.rcscalemodel.com/PT-109.php
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 10:51:04 pm »

have to agree with dicky d comments not impressed :(

cptsparrow

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 04:15:15 am »

Not impressed with the PT 109.
Watch the video, the PT boat is to low in the water, it is to heavy in the bow and can not get up on the plane to save its life.  {-) {-) ::)

http://www.rcscalemodel.com/PT-109.php
That's one of the three I purchased.  I questioned the same thing about their video before I purchased mine.  I simply move the battery about 1 inch towards the stern and it planes with ease.  They certainly need to do the same and update that damned video!

Captain Jack

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 05:59:07 am »

Well, I've corresponded with both the secretary, and a co-owner of the company. They were kind enough to reply to my inquiries on a Sunday, no less. This fact, that they were willing to go out of their way to respond on a non-business day, greatly impressed me. I told them about the negative post's on that "other" mainstream forum, and that I was leary about purchasing anything from them. They admitted they had indeed made some mistakes, and were working very hard to correct them. I noticed that many of the people bashing them, had neither bought anything from them, or had even bothered to correspond with them. A typical case of what we here in the US refer to as "jumping on the bandwagon". I've decided to purchase the Savirile Supply Vessel from them next month when finances allow. I'll keep you all informed as to how the experience unfolds. I plan to document the build on this forum, with pics, and commentary. It should be a learning experience for us all.
  Thank you, gentleman, for your responses. They were professional, and to the point, and without all the malice that seemed so prevalent in that "other" forum.
  And as a note, and what greatly impressed me, and what definately made my decision to do business with them was the fact that they referred me to the competition (Loyalhanna Dockyards), if I was in any way doubtful about the character and integrity of their company.

Captain Jack>>>>sends

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 05:17:59 pm »

the kit certainly looks good. Let us know how you get on , cant wait to see photo of her , would like to get her myself but you know ,as it gos loads of half finished boats and then there the finances good luck

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 05:43:25 am »

Hopefully, RCscalemodel is walking a straight path.

I think the reason you find all the malice in the RCgroups thread, is that on two occasions RCscalemodel,
took images from finished build ups at RCgroups, and used those images to market his products. And also e-mailed
one other member and asked if the boat would be done soon so that he could use images of a third boat.

When I first asked him to stop using my images, he e-mailed back, "Prove their yours..."
It took me three days of paper work and emails to make him stop using images of a boat I built.
I sincerely hope that sort of behavior is now history.

If you want an objective view of a Tian Jie kit have a look at Pat Matthews build up of the Yamato.

Captain Jack

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 11:20:43 pm »

Thanks Umi, and by the way, will you marry me?
I mean, any woman that has your building skills in the hobby I enjoy so much is worth a marriage proposal....LOL.

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 05:18:01 am »

Thanks Umi, and by the way, will you marry me?
I mean, any woman that has your building skills in the hobby I enjoy so much is worth a marriage proposal....LOL.

Yeah, but the reason I can't function in the UK, is that I am always trying to lose pounds...

djrobbo

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 09:40:41 am »

Hi umi....if you have anything to do with our tax system or local government .here in the good old u.k.     .....you will lose more pounds quicker than you would believe...

regards.....bob.

hama

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 07:43:08 pm »

Captain Jack, that kit looks great! I want one, too bad I bought another kit a month ago :'(
Please hurry up and tell us all about the purchase and delivery and offcourse about building that beauty.
Good luck lucky man!

Captain Jack

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 02:35:45 am »

Kit was ordered at 1830 Zulu time, Thursday. An e-mail was posted approximately ten minutes later informing Damian (proprietor), of the internet transaction. Ok, so thats kinda late in the business day, by American standards...anyway, I recieved an e-mail in reply, saying he was going to package the kit tonight (putting him working even later), and send it tomorrow. I should have the kit by Saturday via UPS! I'm really liking this companies work ethic, despite all the negative Bull Ship I heard on that "other" forum. I'll let you gentleman know how things go when I recieve the kit, and I'll begin documenting the kits' quality, and the build.
  Looks promising so far, right?

westcoaster

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 12:31:11 pm »

I'm interested to know if rcscalemodel delivered your kit as promised and was it as good as you were anticipating ?

Captain Jack

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 02:08:54 pm »

Haven't recieved it yet. Veterans day holiday today (Monday), so postal services are closed. I was under the impression it would be sent via United Parcel Service, but was informed it was sent snail mail. It was supposedly mailed Friday morning from the Dallas area which is only  a 4.5 hour drive from here. Should have had it in hand Saturday. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day. The shipping charge was 39 dollars US....seems kinda steep for regular postal delivery!
  I'll keep you informed via this post.

Captain Jack

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 02:52:19 am »

I'm interested to know if rcscalemodel delivered your kit as promised and was it as good as you were anticipating ?
The kit has arrived! A bit late due to the holiday, as the Govmnt postal workers were off, but here none the less. I have absolutely no complaints with RCSCALEMODELS. They were extremely prompt in replying to all my questions via e-mail. I had originally filled out their order form on a Monday night, and put in all but the credit card info. I was awaiting a check to post. Tuesday morning, they had sent me an e-mail questioning the transaction, wondering if their system had somehow failed to register my card. I informed them that I was waiting on the overtime check to post, and would complete the order when possible. They were very polite and responded "No hurry, just making sure it wasn't an error on our part." I won't hesitate to recommend them as a vendor, based on my experience with ordering from them, despite all the bad press they've recieved on that "other" forum. As far as I'm concerned, they are a professional, and courteous enterprise, and I'll use them again when this kit is completed.

westcoaster

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 10:57:29 am »

I'm pleased to hear that you are satisfied with your kit and wish you well in getting it built. It is always useful to get first hand information on how suppliers perform.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 23 queries.