Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3018 cnc  (Read 792 times)

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
3018 cnc
« on: March 27, 2022, 09:23:37 pm »

Looking at buying one of these for the workshop, not planning on doing any heavy duty cutting ,just looking for advice what i can expect from  £200 laser/cnc router machine.daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

JimG

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: 3018 cnc
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 12:49:12 pm »

I can only go by what I have seen online about these. They are a generic model made by many Chinese manufacturers so the quality is likely to be mixed. They look to be rather lightweight so unlikely to be particularly rigid when cutting and some reviews say that there is a lot of free movement in the mechanisms so would be very inaccurate. The laser module appears to be a generic 2.5W LED blue laser unit, these are basically no use for cutting unless you are using paper or thin balsa, they are intended for engraving which appears to be the market this is aimed at.
They may be useful for lightweight work but the price is a giveaway, buy cheap and buy several times. Whether it suits you will depend on just what you want to do with it.
Jim
Dundee Model Boat club

Pete C

• Full Mayhemer
  • start small think big
Re: 3018 cnc
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 03:50:48 pm »

You mite want to spend a bit more, Ive got a 3040 cnc/router and no maythink think i need the 6040 for a bit more room on the table.. I have the older 3040 with only a parallel connection so runnning and old xp machine with build in parallel port on the board( cant use a card for some strange reason. I dont think i would try anything smaller, just on the spindel side of things I often hit the limits of what I can cut.
Maybe a laser cut version or add on would make life a bit easy !

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.