The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Navy - Military - Battleships:

Vosper MTB 77

(1/8) > >>

David Atkins:
Hello, having just registered with Model Boat Mayhem I now look forward to chatting and sharing ideas.

I am currently building the Italeri Vosper MTB77 and will also be converting it to RC
with 2 motors driving 2 props, this is my first attempt although I have built many airfix type kits for my kids and grandkids.

Yes the actual boats had 3 engines but I felt this unnecessary on my model.
So far from opening the box I have nearly completed the deck and will soon start on the hull and electrics etc.
Am thinking to use geared motors MFA Torpedo 500 ratio 50:1 with 3 blade propellers either 20 or 25mm.
If anyone has comments, good or otherwise I am keen to listen.

David Atkins:
Sorry forgot to post pics of build so far.
Top sides nearly finished, next up is the hull with all the electrics and working bits.

frogman3:
HI David build looking good  an are you a member of the norwich model boat club ?
an there is a Garla boat open day at eaton park boat club an you can get your car into the pond edge an you dont have to be a member all you have to do is turn up an have a nice day whatching others sailing their boats as im goin up there with my big hms norfolk just bring a chair to sit on an lets hope its nice wheather on sunday  april 24th
ATB
Chris b  :-))

David Atkins:
Hello Chris,
Thanks for your reply and the information re Norwich Boat Club.
I will look forward to the 24th April andwatchout for HMS Norfolk.
Regards
David

frogman3:

--- Quote from: David Atkins on April 05, 2022, 04:29:30 pm ---Hello Chris,
Thanks for your reply and the information re Norwich Boat Club.
I will look forward to the 24th April andwatchout for HMS Norfolk.
Regards
David

--- End quote ---

OK David look forward to seeing you an you will have to speak up for me as got a hearing aid as getting old but lets hope the whather plays ball with some sunny wheather
just got to remember to charge up my batts for norfolk an r/c batts
ATB chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version