Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 755 times)

bee.sting

• Shipmate
  • Beginner, just bought my first boat.
Hello
« on: April 09, 2022, 07:57:12 pm »

I'm new to both model boating and message boards so here goes -
Hello, I'm Peter, a frustrated engineer/model builder inspired to finally do something about it by good old YouTube! I used to love woodwork, metalwork, and tech drawing at school, but upon leaving I went in a completely different direction, eventually ending up in IT, a field that spat me out a few years ago. Only now, at the age of 59 do I have a job that affords me the time and (hopefully) the money to follow my interest in model boats.
I've started off "in the shallow end" by buying a completed boat, the Oristano, for me to cut my teeth on. She had a couple of problems, a faulty ESC (which I've replaced) and a leaking rudder post - which I am yet to address. My intention is to sail her "as is" this season and, come the bad weather, return her back to her original Clyde colours and name - Flying Drake. I've also got mad ideas of putting a small Arduino in her superstructure and using that to program various sounds, or even sequence activities onboard (my other interests include computers and sound recording/engineering). Who knows if/when this will ever take place!
Anyway, that's enough about me and my boat. Thanks for accepting me into the Mayhem!

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 09:14:48 pm »

HELLO Peter  welcome to mayhem  an yes go mad at fitting working things in your boat as i do on my hms tiger build  as that brings the model to life so have a go an most importantly enjoy the build
atb
chris b
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.