Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound mp3 player  (Read 2474 times)

freelance 1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Bioat Mayhem Forum is theBest!
Sound mp3 player
« on: June 13, 2006, 12:47:07 am »

I'm looking at putting sound on my next build, not sure how its done, I have seen a few references to mp3 players how does one turn them on and off? sound modules seem kind of expensive,thought of an old walkman to heavy, the idear was to have one sound ie, motors at different speeds or machine gun fire turned on and off. .................Pat

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Sound mp3 player
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 05:10:38 am »

I think the simplest wat would be for a servo arm used to touch the play / pause button.
Don't forget you will need an amplifier fot the MP3 player.

Martin.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 12:53:40 pm »

Not done any research but how does the price of an MP3 player compare to sound modules? The latter will give proportional sound (?) and can be configured to give the sound you want when you want. An MP3 player will play the sound you want if you can select it, but wouldn't be linked to the speed of the boat etc Then there is the problem of power for the MP3 player...

If you can solve these probs you and it's cheaper you will probably be on to a winner. :)

Cheers

Doug
Don't Assume Check

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 02:25:49 pm »

In my last newsletter from Maplin there was a remote control door bell, which is programmable with your own sound.  The blurb says it does about 10 second of sound.  Looking at the pictures on maplins website ( www.maplin.co.uk ), I would guess that the link between the door switch and the unit is probably ultrasonic, but being a push switch could be worked by a servo arm and the speaker unit could be anywhere convenient in the boat.  The main unut is powered by two D cells, but no doubt this could be changed.  If the included speaker/amplifier does not have enough power then this could also be upgraded fairly easily.
I worked one out some years ago using a sound recording chip, and this unit looks like it uses the same bits, only a lot cheaper (about ?10) and mostly ready for use.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Tom@Crewe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 02:34:09 pm »

I have one of these, I have not tried it in a boat but could be used that way. Its made for plugging into your mp3 player and then it transmitts to your car radio. but in practice it will plug into anything with a suitable jack, mp3 player, phone, cd player, tape player and computer head phones, then transmits to any radio in the area tuned to it. Cost is only ?6-8. (From E Bay . then stick a stripped down suitable sized radio into boat and control sound from shore.

Wireless FM Transmitter Car RadioIPOD NANO MP3 CD UK
?
Product Attributes:? Condition: New
Chipset Model: N/A
Colour: White
Retail Price: ?19.99 (including shipping fee)
Warranty: 3 years

Features:

Compatible with all audio device such as 128, 256, 512, ipod mp3 player and CD Player.
Powered by either 2 x AAA Batteries, It also include a Car Cigarette Lighter Power Cable, can get power from the car cigarette lighter socket. No need the batteries. Can get power from the car cigarette lighter socket
This product can quickly and easily set up the Digital Player and Car or Home audio system's wireless link
Frequency Channel: 106.7MHZ 107.1MHZ, 107.5 MHZ, 107.9MHZ
Modulation mode range 50HZ - 15KHZ wide band
Transmit distance > 30 feet
Synonym preference < - 60dB
High-clarity , full -stereo sound
Power light and frequency LED indicator
Size : (L) 88mm x (W) 42mm x (H) 20mm
Colour : white
Include a Car Cigarette Lighter Power Cable.
It can get power from the car cigarette lighter socket.
No need the batteries.

How to Use it?
Install the batteries (2xAAA) (not included) into the FM transmitter ,turn on the power.
Insert the audio input jack to The audio player's output socket.
Turn on the Audio Player, select the correct channel. The corresponding channel indicator light will on as you choose.
Turn on the FM Radio, tuning to corresponding channel then you could enjoy music.

System Requirements:

N/A

Package Contents:

FM Transmitter
Car Cigarette Lighter
Power Cable
User Manual

OMK

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 06:22:48 am »

Or you might use a R/C switcher. Just hook it up to a spare channel on your receiver, then have it control just about any device you want. In this case, the MP3 player.
Point your brower at http://www.keirle8122.fsnet.co.uk ,then click R/C Switch.

I've gotta ready-made MOSFET version lying around if it's any use to you...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.