Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Painting, Finishing and Care.

Humbrol enamel -rule change and not for sale in my local shop now

<< < (2/3) > >>

Colin Bishop:
Found this video re continuance of Humbrol enamels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYk8CIeY8tg

Colin

ballastanksian:
It does not help to sell the old stock, but at least we know they are bringing the enamels back but with a new recipe. I use Enamels as primers due to their better wear qualities. I am not a white or black primer modeller preferring a similar or darker shade of primer to the final top coat for visual effects.

RST:

--- Quote from: raflaunches on April 16, 2022, 08:41:47 am ---From many Facebook Airfix style pages the reason is because it contains a minute amount of MEK to prevent skinning. They will be back in stock in the next few months with a readjusted recipe but no one is quite sure what is going to happen with the old stock.

--- End quote ---
...Its MEKO not MEK but I guess the consituents are similar.

I am not a fan of Humbrol his past decade or more anyway, it was just to say.  No doubt they will be back, I know others get on well with them but for me they have allot of catching up with anyone else making paints the last 10 yars.  It wasn't supposed to be a post griping and I've gritted my teeth since.

derekwarner:
MEKO not MEK.?.....    >>:-(      couple of drops of either in your coffee...you couldn't tell the difference :-X

coupla' Carbon co-valient bonds the difference?

Derek  {-)

roycv:
Hi all, is the MEK referred to also the plastic solvent?  This seems freely available on ebay.

I use whatever old paint I have in the wet and dry rub down (I prefer a wooden hull) frequently paint on 10 + coats of paint.  Different colours tell you how far down you are going with the rubbing down.  Never had to re-paint a model yet and some are nearly 50 years old.  I usually finish with a good quality antique polish, it does not add shine but the water drops off very quickly.
Regards
Roy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version