Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smart meters  (Read 2615 times)

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Smart meters
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2022, 06:31:55 pm »

my sister had a call from the local water company, we will be changing you to a smart water meter next week, my sister responded that they wouldnt as their water supply teed off somewhere under the house and fed the neighbour, they agreed on the phone that in this situation they could not fit one, and they would amend the work order.
the following week she came home from shopping and found the meter had been fitted anyway,and there was a big argument with the water company about it, who eventually, several weeks later came round and removed the meter. she has since had an extension built, and as part of the work she asked her builder to install a second pipe alongside the first, so that if it became necessary the neighbours supply could be split from hers (though that will involve digging up her kitchen floor to get to the joint.)

RST

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2022, 07:41:06 pm »

Hi Ian,

I'd you don't mind me asking how does one get in contact with Scottish Power these days?  They don't answer phones for the last month, and no access to on-line account (password reset does not work either which I hear is a pretty normal complaint).  I've spent hours on hold with them on the phone this last month.  I've been trying to submit a meter reading for my mother for almost 5 weeks without success so far.

PS: last time they did have someone answering phone they said meter readers (people visiting) were permanently scrapped from the start of co-vid.  Entirely down to the customer to submit readings now though that's not what's said on the blurb on the back of each bill still.

Rich

Ralph

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2022, 11:56:20 pm »

Rich - if you're having to deal with Scottish Power best to do it in writing, take date stamped photos of every meter reading and keep a log of your attempts to contact them in case you need to refer them to Ofgem or the Ombudsman.  Their Admin can leave a lot to be desired at times as my daughter and her husband found out to their cost so best to keep yourself covered.

Ralph

RST

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2022, 01:04:17 am »

Hi Ralph,
I have been through "ombudsmen" on 2 occasions before -was a complete and utter waste of time,   Just not worth the hassle which is what they rely on each time.
Rich

mrzippy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2022, 07:59:50 am »

Hi Stan, Thanks for the reply - will get on to them and try and get to the bottom of the situation properly, instead of the usual fobbing off !
Hope to visit your lovely park later in the year now Covid figures are falling.
regards Paul.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.