Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > DC Motors (Brushed) and Speed Controllers

Electronize speed controllers

(1/4) > >>

17-09:
Hi all,
 Is there anyone out there that can repair or advise about how to fix Electronize speed controllers or any other makes that use relays like CE Systems and Maplin types ?
I have several Electronize that have stopped working, mostly 43x type with black base plates. Some cannot keep neutral, some only run one way and some run OK then fail to run ahead after a short time. I have some of the old C E System ones that are also in similar trouble. I have used Electronize for years, some built from kits and some bought in second hand, I always liked them. I know Electronize are not in production now but (might) repair the gold base versions but I would like to get them sorted if financially viable.
many thanks  17-09

Stan:
Hi sadly Electronize is no longer trading. If your units are really old certain items will no longer be available making any repairs very difficult.With regards to speed controllers fitted with relays none on the market that i know of hope this helps.

Stan. :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

17-09:
Thank you Stan,
 We had a chap in our club who used to repair them, however I know sometimes its just the mosfet or relay that goes which is an easy fix but not really knowing how to do the job makes these units only ready for the bin which is a shame, I have so many I would gladly rob some to fix others.
I thought there would be some electronic expert members out there who could do a quick tutorial or a
checklist to try and get them going again.
 Thanks
 Alan 17-09

John W E:
Hi ya there

Sorry for the delay in replying to you.   I would have put a tutorial on here as to how to fix them - but - there are too many 'experts' on here who jump in and say that isn't the way to fix them - but they never come forward and tell you how to fix them themselves.  Have a look through the Forum though I did several builds of Electronize and ACTion units a while ago.   

John

Stan:
HI Guys I hope you find someone to repair your problem speed controllers. The down side is some of the components may no longer be available and if they are may cost the earth. Could you check the chips in your speed controllers and see if they are marked ZN409 if so these are long gone. The later models carried no marking on the chips. I may sound little negative but we have to face the facts that it may not be possible to get these units working again. We all now live in world where things are not repaired just thrown away this applies also to the model world sadly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version