Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: graunper nordic tug  (Read 918 times)

howard66spary

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
graunper nordic tug
« on: May 16, 2022, 06:12:52 pm »

Good Evening All

Has anyone wired up the graunper  nordic tug as it comes from graunper ( the tug has two motors , one motor has a red wire from one motor spliced with a black wire from the second motor the second motor has a black wire spliced together with the red wire from the first motor how could i run both motors from one supply or would l i be better running each motor from a separate supply i intend to have separate esc for each motor
Spoke to my local model shop who seem to lean towards the separate motor supply because if one prop gets fouled you may have the other prop to get the model back to shore

Would welcome any advise
Regards
H W Spary  (midships}

lmagna

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: graunper nordic tug
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 11:30:05 pm »

I think that you would be happier if you run each motor from it's own ESC. It will not only provide a form of failsafe as you state but superior maneuverability as well. I of course assume that you have the required number of channels in your radio. Do you plan on using operational bow thrusters?

To run each motor from independent ESCs all you need to do is separate the red and black motor wires from each other and run each set to the ESC for that motor. 

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 04:11:34 pm »

I use two batteries when running with two ESCs keeps things simple. Remember, if your ESCs have a BEC you need to remove the red centre wire on one of the reciever plugs. This prevents the reciever getting two different lots of power with unpredictable results.
Happy sailing
Don't Assume Check

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 04:25:38 pm »

It looks as if the reason they're (probably) spliced that way is so that the props contra-rotate. You should also find that because they're wired in parallel that the second prop will still rotate even if the first is jammed BUT if you hope it will "get you home" you could easily burn out the ESC. If you get a copy of June Model Boats there's a good article on the options.
 :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.