Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CCLEE 2ch VICTORY EP BOAT RTR - keeps cutting out  (Read 3852 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
CCLEE 2ch VICTORY EP BOAT RTR - keeps cutting out
« on: October 30, 2007, 01:47:33 pm »

Via email to Mayhem....

I bought a CCLEE 2ch VICTORY EP BOAT RTR electric r/c boat for my son.  We've been sailing it but it keeps cutting out.  Batteries are charged and there don't appear to be any loose connections.  Strangely it works all the time when I'm holding it out of the water or when I put it down on a bench but as soon as I put it in the water it cuts out.  When in the water and when I touch the aerial on the boat the motors run but it cuts out when I let go of the aerial.

I'd be really grateful for any advice as to what we might check or what we might do to keep it running reliably on the water.

rgds,
Richard
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

wingertaz

Re: CCLEE 2ch VICTORY EP BOAT RTR - keeps cutting out
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 02:25:54 pm »

It could be a number of things. It sounds like you may have a range problem if it only works OK whilst your touching the aerial. Do a range check with the transmitter aerial  down to see how far you can get away from the model before the model starts glitching. You should be able to get about 50 yards away line of sight in a built up area assuming batteries are new or charged.

Regards Gary

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 02:51:58 pm »

hi there, to me it sounds as though there is a dry solder joint, where the aerial is actually soldered on to the circuit board of the RX or perhaps there is an internal break in the aerial wire.   Or, a dampening capacitor which is normally connected across the aerial to ground has got a dried soldered joint.  Hope this is of some help.

aye
john e
bluebird
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Fast Electricals

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 03:58:52 pm »

One of the problems with many of the RTR boats is that the receivers are not very good at rejecting signals from other transmitters operating within the same frequency band, causing the boat to stop when its is more than a few feet from the transmitter.  Were there other boats on the lake when you was trying to use yours?

Neil

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
  • The building never ends
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 05:10:02 pm »

If its any help i have 2 of these boats only  had this problem once and the ariel point became unsoldered

i do have a spare set-up that works perfectly if they want it, only thing is it runs on 49mhz which some of you will say NO but thats what came in the boat and i have failed to interfere with another boat on a lake YET.

Send me a PM if they would like the radio out my boat  ;D

Jay
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

andyn

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 03:40:00 pm »

We've had tons of these at the the lake and its always the same problem, it has a superdyme (think i spelt it right) tx/rx that is knocked out by any other 40 meg transmitter. If we have one of these down, we wait for a quiet moment, ask everyone to switch off and chuck it in. this has always solved the problem so far.

Andy

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 09:00:34 am »

One of the problems with many of the RTR boats is that the receivers are not very good at rejecting signals from other transmitters operating within the same frequency band, causing the boat to stop when its is more than a few feet from the transmitter.  Were there other boats on the lake when you was trying to use yours?

Neil

I think this is exactly the problem.
When dad plays, only the RTR is on the water.
When boy plays, dad is playing with his boat and Dad's Tx swamps 27mhz.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

DLM

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 03:42:19 am »

Now are running bec or no bec. Now a separate power for receiver with low voltage will do this. Also the antenna wire if it is stranded wire and some of the stranded wires can be broken. I'd be checking the wiring for pinched wires or one item that happened to me was a pin in the receiver was pushed down 3/16" so i would get intermitten signal, it was the throttle slot. Now it took me a full day to find it, what a PAIN. Antenna wire should be the lenght required by manufacturer. I switched over to piano wire for antenna and curled the top so EYES don't get poked out. Then i solder a 14 gauge wire so its flexible and attach a female spade clip and have a male spade clip so i can use 1 rx for all the boats. Both female and male spade clips are in side. I cover with 1/8' o.d. plastic tube to cover piano wire and seal so water won't enter antenna if it flips.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.