Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: vented tank WTC (R&R) setup  (Read 1713 times)

goingdown

• Full Mayhemer
vented tank WTC (R&R) setup
« on: July 22, 2022, 09:54:41 am »

Hi,

I have a couple of questions for those that use R&R cylinders relating to the vented tank. 

• Can a model using this type of cylinder be trimmed so that just the vent is out of the water so that manoeuvring beneath the water can be done reasonably slowly (unlike a dynamic type submarines).
  • Can scale control surfaces be retained - say like in the arkmodel viic?
  • One of the concerns if you set it up marginally is that I imagine on diving the boat it will compress air in the top of the tank so the boat will now sit on the bottom.  Would the R&R module be able to pull a partial vacuum as described in the video below by having a small diameter vented air intake in order to off load some of the water in the tank to surface or is the pump too weak for this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqnxuMlmhkA

Best regards

Guy

TomHugill

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: vented tank WTC (R&R) setup
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 10:28:39 am »

Hi guy,

Yes ideally you just want to the top of the vacume break sitting above the water when the tank is full. You can achieve the effect you're after like this.

Scale control surfaced can be kept, this is more a boat specific thing rather than related to the wtc.

The pump can pull a vacume. So you should be fine at normal depths. However I probably wouldn't push it past swimming pool depth. However give Ron a call he's very helpful!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.