Mess Deck: General Section > Beginners start here...!

Electronic switch recommendations

(1/3) > >>

Alan52:
Hi all

Could anyone recommend a simple electronic switch that could be used to switch a caldercraft pump to fire monitor on and off. There are a large amount to choose from on ebay etc.

I don’t want to use micro switches, just something that can plug into a spare channel on the receiver. The boat motor and receiver will be powered via a Mtroniks esc, so I don’t want to add a separate battery to power the pump. The battery will be a 7.2v.

Don’t particularly want to get into soldering anything, just if possible plug and play.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
Alan

DJW:
Hi Alan

I've used this one branded 'GT Power' a couple of times with success:

https://www.modelshopleeds.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=28046

It plugs into your Rx on a spare channel, then can switch a pump or similar from your main 7.2V supply (rather than the Rx power supply).

Hope that helps.
David.

Alan52:
Hi David

Thanks for the information. The power will be coming from the main battery through a Mtroniks esc. So would I need a separate battery connected for the pump, or would it take its power from the receiver.

Thanks again for the information.

Alan

DJW:
Hi Alan

With this type of switch you have three connectors. One is to the Rx, this powers the switch and controls the on / off signal. The second can go straight to your main battery, before the ESC. So you might need to split between your battery and ESC. The third connector goes to your pump motor. The connectors are well labelled.

So the pump is powered from your main battery. Not from your Rx.

Hope that makes sense.
David.

Alan52:
Hi David

Thanks for that. I didn’t want a separate battery, so that’s good.

Best wishes
Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version