The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Navy - Military - Battleships:

Lindberg 1/32 MTB PT-109

(1/21) > >>

Backerther:
Hi all;
Next summer/autumn project is this plastic model kit again to be converted to RC version ,which so many Rc boaters have done so far respectively in their ways. In this sense, it's not unusual item at all.
Even for me,this will be the second to build ,though the first one is not in my hand currently and was not completed satisfactorily enough as she was built sooooo many years ago,30 years or more...???I don't remember correctly... {-)
Anyhow,I am already too old to challenge a full-fledged model ship as to need some years now as other modellers do.
Moreover,I like warship model and fast cabin cruiser model that will naturally go to MTB !! {-) O0
MTB and short time project will naturally go to plastic model...the boat is to be operated in the large lake...
The boat is much better if seaworthy....All that satisfies the afore-mentioned elements is none except ..
yes, LINDBERG 1/32 MTB PT-109 which is my conclusion this time.!! {-) {-) {-) {-) :-)) :-)) :-))
I got it yesterday and contents are as in the pics:

As for the pics below;
Grey PT-109 is the first one.
Attention to the third pic;The name of a Japanese destroyer running over the PT-109 could be read as "Yukikaze"(though not even correct Japanese characters) that is incorrect. :o :o "Amagiri" is correct.!! %) %) <*< <*< <:(

Backerther:
Hi all;
This kit is not necessarily good one as compared with Italeri MTB kit generally,especially its profile.
But I was surprised to know that two stern tubes were nearly self-aligned each other with no additional adjustment. :o O0
Frankly speaking,it is troublesome to exactly align these settings for me. But this time no special work for this point. :-))
Both stern tube brackets were securely,exactly and tightly sat in the holes to hold the tubes in place with one shot
and without no adjustment.!! :-)) :D
As for this part,the work to go is only adhesion if other alignment should be OK
It should seem that this boat would be a good runner on our boating lake.....??? {-) {-)  ♩~♪~♬~(^^♪

tica:
Looking great  :-))
I just started on a 1:20 build of the 109 before I was hit hard with Covid, still fighting the aftermaths of it  >>:-(

So please keep posting  :-)

Backerther:
Hi tica;

A great thanks for your comment.
I feel so sorry about your aftermaths of covid-19 and hope you to recover from it as soon as possible to get started your
PT-109 of very large size.!! I myself rather have come to be interested in your 1/20 model very much to be posted on here
in the very near future.....??? O0 {-) :-))

Kiyo

frogman3:
HI  KIYO  THE MTB is looking good but them prop shafts look as though they are pointing down a bit to much instead of forcein the boat forward it seems to me that at that angle it will try an lift the boat upwards but this is not critisuim of your model kiyo just an observaion
chris  :-))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version