Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lindberg 1/32 MTB PT-109  (Read 12060 times)

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Lindberg 1/32 MTB PT-109
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2022, 05:40:49 am »

Hi tica,

I'm so happy to have your comment of compliment on my post.!   :-))
I have attached the video of the sailing which represents the trial run clearly and vividly rather than still images.
The boat ran so fast that camera woman and camera was sometime unable to follow the boat, by which some scenes
were terribly bad to see...even the Panasonic video camera warned the camera woman "too fast to move the camera".. {-) {-) {:-{
The largest and initial impression is that she ran so calmly even at high-speed so that motor sound could be hardly heard
in the video even when she passed the shore.  ;D O0 Due to the calmness of the motors, this boat seems hardly to represent powerful impression as compared with the high-speed capability..... {:-{ :(( {-) %% :o 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7QKh8ptwj0&t=21s

Kiyo

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2024, 11:34:26 am »

It was tooo hot for mid-winter around Tokyo !!!! 17degrees C !!!! :o :o %) O0 O0
Yes, of course, I went to usual lake to enjoy the sailing of PT-109 who has spent a long time not on the water,but on her
sleeping bed in my room.
The wind was 0m/s south-west which I dislike since it normally carries the dirty substance as seen in the pics... >:-o >:-o <:( <:(
To make the matter worse, such substance is apt to be a terrific cause of accident to the running boat at speed.... >:-o >>:-(

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2024, 08:34:09 am »

In the second run this day, suddenly mishap occured to the PT-109 as seen in the pics below !!! >:-o <:( >>:-(
Something in the water might have stricken the starboard screw props in the high speed run...oh my goodness !! <:(
I noticed the loss of the props after recovering the boat safely as port side props was running normally though entangled by
the dead grass.... >>:-(

1/2; Starboard screw props lost in the water when sailing.....!!!!
      But the coupling was quite OK. {-) :-))

3; Only a few drops of water could be found in the rear compartment due to my style of water-tight measures.. :-)) :D
  Oh,don't worry about the screw props lost.
 I have still a pair of the props CW and CCW  for fear of such an accident. :-)) :-)) 
This is the military model boat actually in service. {-) %% :embarrassed:

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2024, 11:24:58 am »

It was really a breeze to replace with a pair of new props. !!
All that I did was to enlarge the holes of props to 1/8 inch (3.17mm dia.) and installed them to screw shafts. {-) :-)) :D
This is a military model boat that must be easy to maintain or repair in a usual operation.!? {-) %% O0 :-))

1;Only starboard props were lost but both props have to be replaced at the same time.!
2;Spare props in stock
3;Very very special nuts of 1/8 inch size here in Japan!!!  This model kit is made in USA in accordance with the US standard.
   Screw shafts were furnished in the US standard and I had to buy unusual size of nuts additionally for my US-made kits
later on.
4; Right one is new props, the rest is old one.
5; Both screw props were replaced in a breeze.!! :-)) :-)) :-))

Well, let's go for boating again in a very fine weather with clean water.!!!! {-) O0

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.