The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Navy - Military - Battleships:

Can anyone tell me which kit this Perkasa was made from

(1/4) > >>

roycv:
Hi all, I have a hardly used model of Perkasa (correct me if I am wrong) As far as I know it is at least 30 years old and was built from a kit.
Does anyone know which kit it was made from?

It is at least 30 years old and was given to me maybe 10 years ago and has stayed in its box.  It was made by the one time assistant editor of Aeromodelling magazine.  It is very well made with the rear gun able to rotate.  Length 30.4 inches and 8 inches beam.
I am about to activate the radio in it, A Futaba 40 Mhtz 5 ch. Rx with a Hitec 'Gold block' esc.  So I will also need a rx battery.
I am getting some of my older models going again and this number 4 with more to go.
Rgards
Roy

raflaunches:
Don’t think it’s a Perkasa. Looks more like an American Higgins PT boat from WW2.

Mark T:
Thats a very well built model - 30 years old and looks as good as new.

Rob47:

--- Quote from: raflaunches on July 03, 2022, 01:24:10 pm ---Don’t think it’s a Perkasa. Looks more like an American Higgins PT boat from WW2.

--- End quote ---

Agree Nick bridge is wrong for Perkasa, also they never had that turret bin at the stern

Bob

NickelBelter:
Not a Higgins, an Elco 80-footer.  From https://naval-encyclopedia.com/ww2/us/PT-Boats.php

Elco also made a 77 footer that looked very similar to the RAF whaleback rescue launches.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version