Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kirklees second bash this year.  (Read 748 times)

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
Kirklees second bash this year.
« on: July 13, 2022, 11:35:18 am »

Surprised no one has come back with any reports on the Batley park bash on the 10th. Great club turnout and trade stands basking in glorious weather. The trek down the back if the display tents gets longer to walk from one end to the other, not only the boats but also the fighting vehicle section. Good turnout Stan, roll on next one in September, hope the mini tug owner got his superstructure back? O0

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Kirklees second bash this year.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 11:44:46 am »

Yes he did Ian.  Good to see you again.  Stan is organising the pictures!
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 12:45:52 pm »

Details will be here by the end of the week.

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 04:56:37 pm »

2019 was the last time we held our three open days and this seems like an eternity ago. When I started to plan the dates for this year, I was apprehensive to say the least not knowing how or even if the events would be a success. All the club's equipment needed to be checked to make sure it was in working order. Clubs and traders needed to be contacted, items to be purchased and any problems with the lake had to be dealt with. We had to know club members would be available to carry out all the work needed to make these days viable. Our first Steam open day was held in May and it proved to be a great success with some excellent steam models on display. The boiler tester was kept busy all morning making sure all the models met the safety requirements. The next open day was held on the 10 July and proved to be a total success with 11clubs attended along with two traders. Club numbers were down and so was the general public footfall. I still feel a little nervous about the last open day which will take place on Sunday 11th Septembers not knowing how many will be attending but hopefully all will go well. The following pictures are from our steam day and the July open day. Please enjoy the pictures and lets hope thing get even better in 2023. :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
Stan.
Events planner
Kirklees Model Boat club

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 05:08:04 pm »

Further pictures from our Steam Open Day. Further pictures will show some the other models seen at the Steam Open Day. :-)) :-)) :-))

Stan.
Events Planner
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.