Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: servo movement on guns  (Read 1346 times)

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
servo movement on guns
« on: July 22, 2022, 03:52:16 pm »

HI ALL WELL got another problem on these guns on my  tiger now the prob is that i want a micro servo to elevate the guns barrlles so got it connected in a Y lead from my servo morph that turns the gun turret which works great but my prob is that when i turn the turret one way the micro servo does the job ok an elevates the guns just great but the when i turn the turret the other way the micro servo instead of pullin the guns up now goes the other way an is pushin the guns downwards to an past the stops any one got any idea how i can get round this ?
chris  :embarrassed:

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
Re: servo movement on guns
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 07:33:46 pm »

HI all well i think ive worked out how to get round the prob not great but will do me so all sorted cheers all
chris  :-))

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 08:16:37 pm »

HI all well i think ive worked out how to get round the prob not great but will do me so all sorted cheers all
chris  :-))
This was why the Cam lobe actuation was recommended. Because servos always push pull, and
adding the servo morph changes end points, but not the push/pull aspect of the basic signal.

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 08:53:36 pm »

This was why the Cam lobe actuation was recommended. Because servos always push pull, and
adding the servo morph changes end points, but not the push/pull aspect of the basic signal.

MANY THANKS Umi for your reply an what type of ships do you build an any chance of some pics
CHEERS atb
chris

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 11:36:15 pm »

It was warships, those shoot at each other combat types.  %)
But the club taught me construction, electronics, plumbing... and being creative.
Then when the competition events disappeared, I moved on to Tugboats and regatta competitions.
Always liking a challenge, I picked out unique drive systems double enders, voith schneider and schottels.
The SDM was the wrong choice, because they made me tie up sideways to barges. Because that was scale.
Surprise surprise, I am such a fool  %% , for picking a really maneuverable tug. It still is the most squirrely boat I own.
And I had to build a really simple springer to finally win overall, in that competition. Still trying with the SDM  ok2

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 07:50:35 am »

HI Umi many thanks for your pics looks some great models there did you build them all or buy them as there are a lot of man hrs to build there oh an exscuse me but lookin at your avatar are you a lady ?  as we in england dont see many in this hobby
hope you are well an ive worked out my prob i should just have give it more thought
chris

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2022, 05:15:47 pm »

Hi Chris,

All the models, other than the little 3d print tug were scratch built. I came into the hobby after
visiting all the area hobby shops searching for Architectural modeling supplies over the years.
I didn't know a thing about ship modeling, but the warship club members were incredibly helpful.

Every time I had a question, someone was there to help me work through the construction.
Working it out yourself is great, sometimes things get over thought. I was once working on a
servo mount to mesh some turret gears. We had made the mount adjust up and down and 
in and out, to get the gears to mesh just right. Then another club member showed up, looked
at what we were doing, and said, "Why don't you just glue it into place..."  %%
An hour's worth of work with slots and screws and brass tossed to the bin.  %)
Sometimes it just takes a different perspective to the problem.

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2022, 07:39:22 am »

HI UMI Some very nice model work there in them building your are very skilled indeed some look real or are they ?
chrisb :-))

BrianB6

• Full Mayhemer
  • I'm not sure if I can get up from here
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2022, 10:30:37 am »

Those models take me back to my Uni days

Umi_Ryuzuki

• Full Mayhemer
    • Models and Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2022, 05:47:20 am »

Nice Town Hall model  Brian.  8)

Chris, All the photos are of models. I do have some photos of finished projects, but
sometimes those spaces were finished years after the model, and as I was just the
contract model maker, I didn't often get to see the finished buildings or spaces.  :-)

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2022, 09:20:32 pm »

Nice Town Hall model  Brian.  8)

Chris, All the photos are of models. I do have some photos of finished projects, but
sometimes those spaces were finished years after the model, and as I was just the
contract model maker, I didn't often get to see the finished buildings or spaces.  :-)

HI UMI THEY ARE SOME VERY LOVLEY MODELS WHAT YOU HAVE DONE VERY WELL  DONE SORRY ABOUT CAP PC IS PLAYIN UP
CRISB
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.