Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Writers group friend gave me a 1942 Model Ships book today  (Read 496 times)

ScottW

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Writers group friend gave me a 1942 Model Ships book today
« on: August 20, 2022, 08:43:34 pm »

Tom, a friend in our local creative writers group gave me a 1942 Model Ships book today.
I do not have anything in memory about the author but do recognize name of fellow who wrote the Forward, his name is well known in wooden boat history circles.  A bit of info on him,https://siarchives.si.edu/collections/siris_sic_10887
Tom was going through books he's had a while and brought a stack to our meeting this morning and the Model Ships book just for me.  :}
Book was at some point in library of Daniel Webster Junior High School. It looks to have had 2 previous owners after that, so I wrote my name to be added to the book's history.

Have already found a hull I want to adapt to a pond and pool sailer.A schooner rigged cargo scow hull of west coast design which was based on/inspired by New England designs which hauled granite blocks along the East Coast.
Would be sort-of like "simple" scow hull which I finally gave to Mom after she nagged me for a decade, and I finally got some paint other than primer on it; see attached images.

I want to try those Chinese lug rig, aka Chinese Junk, style sails and have made a couple prototypes based on a couple books about designing the rig for real boats.
"If it is something that you can make use of, that's a bonus, but the real value is in the creation." Steve Bennett; Sidelines
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries.