Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick introduction  (Read 916 times)

Arnaud

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Quick introduction
« on: September 07, 2022, 03:59:23 pm »

Hi !
I'm Arnaud, a 26 years old frenchie living near the coast of Vendée, and making advantage of a sick leave to get back into the hobby after an almost 10 years break where other hobbies had taken over.  :-)
In current sailing condition i have a 1:50 Billing Boats Hoga, an US Navy WWII tugboat that i bought already built but with quite the crappy running gear installation, under motorized and bad weight distribution. Now with a MFA 2,5:1 reduced 540 motor, 55mm 4 blade brass prop and well ballasted in the bottoms she sails quite nicely for such a small boat. Now onto the finishing, putting back railings, touching up paint, etc. And building her a barge to tow around also !

Just uploaded a video of her yesterday at the lake, with the Mrs at the sticks : https://youtu.be/Kpm7-Py5PPw (Can you embed a video in a post on here ?)

Other modelling wise i still have at my parent's a few vintage Tamiya 1:10 rc cars which need new batteries and a dusting, a Springer tug hull to finish and a big box of unfinished plastic models. Thinking about a Robbe Katja or the like to get the Admiral's fingers caught in the prop too, she's enjoying the tug but it's too slow for her (and doesn't have a working horn to her great sadness). :}2 I might need to collapse the other lung to get more sick leave after all !  %)

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Quick introduction
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 05:49:02 pm »

Bienvenu, to MBM, très bon avec le bateau,
Please excuse my really bad French....... :embarrassed:
Steamed up all the time

Arnaud

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 09:31:35 pm »

Thank you Phil ! And don't worry about your french ! We froggies are usually quite ashaming when having to communicate with you brits - well except maybe on a rugby field  ;D - living in a touristic place i often refrain myself from translating between locals and strangers in restaurants or bakeries and the like.  {:-{

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 11:28:16 am »

Just luved the 'Water ski' clip at the end.  {-)

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

ScottW

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 05:31:35 pm »

That little tug took the water conditions pretty well.  :}
Might be smart to leave that other lung inflated so you can install a horn which meets The Admiral's satisfaction.

"If it is something that you can make use of, that's a bonus, but the real value is in the creation." Steve Bennett; Sidelines

Arnaud

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 12:04:04 pm »

Just luved the 'Water ski' clip at the end.  {-)

Regards  Ian.
She refrained herself from doing that before, knowing that i was filming. Full speed ahead then surfing the wake and full reverse cavitating in soup blender noises seemed to be really entertaining !  O0
That little tug took the water conditions pretty well.  :}
Might be smart to leave that other lung inflated so you can install a horn which meets The Admiral's satisfaction.
Rolls a bit like a cork when taking the waves broadside but for such a small vessel i'm happy with her seakeeping !  :-)
Might be smart indeed !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.