Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JJC Electronics sound  (Read 5300 times)

crzydoyle11

JJC Electronics sound
« on: November 02, 2007, 11:21:00 pm »

can anyone help me.big problem? I was unaware at time when I purchase one piece\fog horn and I did not purchase the master sound unit part number PE 310 TurboCat Diesels. I was hopping that anyone can help me find one or if some one is willing to sale one to me.. I ask this only because I hear that JJC Electronics is going out bussines and I do love the sound unit very much being that I have already and the fog horn. I really love to have Master Unit so if any one is welling to part with one or know we I can buy please pass the info. to me thank you much   

17-21

• Full Mayhemer
  • I love lifeboats,but don't tell the wife!!
    • Phils Rc Models
Re: JJC Electronics sound
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 07:48:30 am »

I would give west Bourne models a ring see if they have any stock

17-21 Phil.

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 07:59:03 am »

:)Hi Guys  Contact Scoonies  In Scotland still has some JJC sound units  O0

Model_Slipway

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 09:19:22 pm »

Dave at Harbor Models in California tells me that he has JJC units in stock.
Email: harbormodels@earthlink.net 
www.harbormodels.com

Jackie

crzydoyle11

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 02:22:26 pm »

I have ck west Bourne, and Harbor Models No good there are out. I have already talk to Dave from Harbor models he is not restocking the Item that I am looking for. All he has are slave units for the Master sound unit. And with out the Master sound unit the slaves do not work. Same thing for Weat Bourne no good there as well. They are not restocking it other..Thank you for replies back..

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 03:06:59 pm »

Glyne Cleaver was selling one. Dont know if he still has it.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=6703.msg66300#msg66300
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

crzydoyle11

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 04:17:23 am »

Thanks Dicky for the info I hope he still has can only want and see..

andywright

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 10:46:37 pm »

What happened with JJC then, there units spot on. My guess is it got too big but not big enough, he does have a main employment.
Navigational Aids vessel Master. Old Conway 70-72

andywright

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 07:58:54 am »

What happened with JJC then, there units spot on.

Just checked the web site, its still running and lots more info than there used to be.

crzydoyle11

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 05:19:15 pm »

Yes Andy there web site is up" but u can not make any orders from them. also I ck out west Bourne, and Harbor Models, Also Ships N Things there cannot get any restock from JJC Electronics right now! and West Bourne are no longer dealing with JJC Electronics any more so I am told from my email from West Bourne..That is why I am trying to find where else I can buy the unit from. Other from another web site store or from any person welling to sale it to me. Hopefully..

andywright

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 07:49:13 pm »

Try Reade Plastics

http://www.reademodels.com/
  they used to be agents foor JJC
Andy

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 09:05:17 pm »

O0 Ref  JJC,  the only stockist left in the UK is Scoonies Hobbies. Anyone visiting Warwick this weekend will find Scoonies have taken their entire stock with them.  Reference Reid Plastics - they stopped selling JJC over 12 months ago and Westbourne have very little JJC units left if any. No one seems to know what has happened to JJC.  There seems to be a lot of speculation about this company.  It would be very sad to his these excellent units go off the market but there are other companies out there that I am sure can supply electronic sounds and other goods.   O0

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 07:01:36 am »

What happened with JJC then, there units spot on. My guess is it got too big but not big enough, he does have a main employment.

It is my opinion, and only my opinion, that he got some bad chips, and the sound recording in more than a few units developed a skip. I have two old units from Nov. 2006, that are perfect in every way.
However a third unit bought this year(July-2007) would skip every 10 seconds at full throttle.

I could run an old unit in the boat, and run it up and down the speed range, and then unplug the unit and replace it with the newer unit, and the skip would occur regularly. 

I don't think JJC was prepared to deal with manufacturing flaws, and being at a loss as to the cause, or how to handle returned merchandise, the company seems to have just shuttered the doors.

Just my experience and opinion on the matter.

Captain Povey

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 11:15:55 am »

Hello all, From my personel experience I think Umi is corrrect. I did get hold of a unit earlier this year and returned it as faulty. Not only did it skip but the sound was just a buzz/hum nothing like a diesel engine.The replacement is better but the sound is not as good as listening to it on the JCC website. Cheers Graham.

Barry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 11:58:55 am »

I would have thought that if he had a problem with his time, his health or what ever that he could have let somebody know and they could have put it in on the web in Model Boats or MMI. I do know that there are a lot of angry people about with unfulfilled orders and units waiting for repairs. My local agent can't get any reply out of him and is trying to organise a repair for me for a unit that didn't work out of the box. I'm sorry if he's in ill health or anything like that and would full understand and be patient but as it is at the moment it looks like he's done a runner.

Telstar

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 01:00:04 pm »

Hi Like most of the posts on this thread, I too have tried on numerous occasions to contact Mr Casey at JJC, with the same result ( nothing).
I have  O0 both sound unit and smoke unit in my boat, both connected to the throttle channel, and although either one would function by itself together they both behaved erratically.Initially I was asking for help/guidance, and after I cured the problem I tried to give some positive feedback.
I have been told, and I don't know exactly, that Mr Cary works for IBM and as such is out of the country for periods of time.
The success of his hobby, I think, got a bit much. I do agree with some of the previous posts however, it is not very nice to just ignore all communication, it leads to many irate customers (both existing and prospective) >>:-(.
The horn unit I was trying to get to go with the sound unit is no longer needed :P. I build one of my own and fitted it, and it only cost me £11.50 for the parts  :).

Cheers

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
  • The building never ends
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 01:35:19 pm »

Its a shame his hobby got too much for him, i would of been looking to get a smoke unit from him.
As the case may be i cant get one anywhere not even some of the usual sound units he sold loads of.

Any thoughts on what other smoke units are on the market, i already have a graupner unit but wanted to get away from oil and the JJC water unit is ideal.

Jay
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 05:05:52 pm »

O0Hi Fellow Modellers, I do agree that some form of contact  from JJC would be good for all concerned new customers and customers that have problems with units not working. My last post did state that Scoonies hobbies seem to be the last stockist of JJC products  you will find them at Warwick this week end. :( :( :(

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 06:54:50 pm »

I was in Westbourne today and Barry confirmed that they've pretty much given up on him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.