Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MTB 77 way off scale ..  (Read 1522 times)

Damien Mac

• apparently its grim up north
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Me I'm Mac
MTB 77 way off scale ..
« on: May 28, 2023, 09:31:18 am »

Hey not many posts here as Im new here so adding some!
I got the hull for this project as part of a cheap ebay haul.. really didnt want it but was part of the deal. The hull was in very poor contion and I had no idea what is was originally, so my son ask for it to be made into some sort of Military craft ! so we decided on Vosper MTB 77  using an image he found online. Its no where near any scale just a fun build to save the hull and make it a fun model...  we decided to complete this using stuff from the scap box and a rough Idea. We strippped out several leyers of ver poor GRP chopped strand.. even the rudder servo was glassed in {:-{ ... the resin was so bad it wasnt even stuck to the wooed hull, so I think in the past somo person has tried to fix it up in a way.
[size=78%]We felt it would be a shame not to try and save this old hull.[/size]

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: MTB 77 way off scale ..
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 04:14:17 pm »

HI Pete well as you said its in poor condition an  i'll aggree with you on that but put a little tlc into it an it will come up fine you just got to think ahead on what you are doin an she should look a fine mtb
chrisb :-))

Damien Mac

• apparently its grim up north
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Me I'm Mac
Re: MTB 77 way off scale ..
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2024, 08:56:36 pm »

Geting ready for the resin and paint, finally replaced the electrics so all working as should now.. trying hard to move stuff off the work area.. too many projects this year. Have a 1/6 tracked RSO Ive been trying so hard to complete.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.