Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new engine for z class ????  (Read 2703 times)

GARY C

new engine for z class ????
« on: November 04, 2007, 10:40:38 am »

Hi guys, I,m new here, but have been an OMRA member for many years, a few may know of me. I still have my A class boat and also a cobra GT, with a Zen 26 fully lightend and running on a "coopers" pipe. ( my surname but not my pipe ). May pluck up the courage and race it for 08. I have mainly been racing Z class now for a few years. Anyway, back to the subject, I have poss found a new .12 engine. The car boys have a newish make of engines availible called "GO". This is the baby .12 rear exhaust goes under the name of Hong Nor ( with help from Force engines )  Found one on Ebay ! - item 260178336994.  buy me now £40 !!!!!!!!!   I dont know of any performance figures. Any Z boys out here poss reply. 

Cheers,  Gary.

GARY C

Re: new engine for z class ????
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 10:19:41 pm »

BARGIN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Its mine, sniped it for £23  ;D  brand new
will be marinised and test it out for 08 season  8)

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 08:37:52 pm »

I know that Andy Payne does work such as making marinised heads for car motors, give him a shout and he might be able to help you out.

Glenn

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 12:08:54 am »

there might even be a water jacket available off the shelf that will fit if you search the internet.ive seen plenty before now.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 12:40:50 am »

SC make a marine motor that size maybe you can buy a spare jacket? in fact the whole motor is only 35 quid.

http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=1148

or 45 here
http://www.modeldiscounts.com/engines.htm

pete_486

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 03:27:10 pm »

hi how are you going to fit a flywheel and collet to it, because ive got that problem too.

Pete

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 05:54:32 pm »

hi how are you going to fit a flywheel and collet to it, because ive got that problem too.

Pete
any .12 flywheel will fit they arent hard to find try here.seems like they dont have any in stock just now but email them and see.
http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/rcworldwide-com_flywheel_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ4QQfsnZrcworldwideQ2dcomQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ97427162QQsofpZ0

GARY C

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 09:50:31 am »

Pete
   if you only need a flywheel, and not able to make one give just-engines a ring  01228 712800  www.justengines.co.uk
ask for the ASP or LEO .12 flywheel and matching collet.  O0
I have done this in the past but now use OMRA members who are able to make me a water cooled head and a flywheel or I use one of our club members who offers the same service.

What engine are you converting?

Gary.

pete_486

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 03:49:39 pm »

im thinking of an sts .28 and it's got a car crank in it, so how would you fit a collet?
but the flywheel is no big deal really because i own a small myford lathe.
i was just being lazy with the flywheel side of things, it would be nice just to bolt one on and not have to balance it.

Pete

GARY C

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 10:04:45 am »

Hi Pete,

The STS range of engines are GREAT !!!!!!  O0
I race a .12 one on a gearbox in a Datline Cheroke chief mk2. This keeps up with the novarossi.

The main UK supplier for STS engines and parts is CLEVELAND MODELS   01642 241511  www.clevelandmodels.co.uk  if you req the correct collet he should have one for the .28.

There are two ways of doing your flywheel,  in both cases you will have to cut off the plain end of the crank, just in front of the threaded section, using a small disc on a dremel type tool. You are now left with  a plain section - then the thread.
Fit the collet and then measure and work out the size of flywheel that is req,d leaving enough thread to take your coupling. :-\

The other way is not to use the collet, but just have a straight line bore through the flywheel and a small thin washer behind, pushing up agaist the inner race of the front bearing. The only problem that does happen using the second method, is the flywheel has a tendancy to come loose as it does not have the collet to keep it tight on the shaft.

I take it that your engine has a pullstart, so no need to make a groove fo a belt. The flywheel does not need to be very big in diameter.

Hope this has given you some ideas?   :-\

Gary   O0

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.