Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > DC Motors (Brushed) and Speed Controllers

MFA 919D Noise suppressing

(1/2) > >>

vchiu:

Hello EverybodyThe MFA 919D is a robust motor that fill a lot of modeller's needs.
This is my  main motor of choice when it comes to powering any model between 80 to 130cm (3 to 5 ft)  long.
It comes with some very basic suppressing (Pic below)
I read that suppressing need to solder 100nf condensators between motor poles and motor case.
Is the delivered suppressing enough or should I solder those 2 additional condensators ?
Is the value of  100nf good ?
Thank you for your views
Valéry in Paris

roycv:
Hello. yes do as you are thinking fit 2 x 100n capacitors one from each motor pole to the motor motor case.

I suggest you wind together the ends of 2 caps and solder them together and then scrape to the surface of the motor and apply solder there and then solder the 2 caps in place in one go.

Make sure the ends reach the motor poles.
This should get rid of all interference to the RC.  I do this to all my metal case motors.

Good luck
Roy

vchiu:
Hello Roy
Thank you for your advice
Actually, I do exactly as you say for my other  motors.
Someone I know however insisted that there were 2 caps already installed  inside MFA  motor case, making the aforementioned move unnecessary.
As I failed to see those  2 extra caps, I needed the reconfirmation.
Cheers

Valery

SteamboatPhil:
Maybe you need a RF kit,

[/size]nfo@component-shop.co.uk[/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size]They should [/color][/size]help [/color]

[/size][/color]
[/size][/color]

roycv:
Hi Phil an RF kit consists of 3 capacitors like wot we sed!
These caps when sold in strips of 50 cost about 3p each.  The RF kit is only really needed for the RC with crystals as 2.4 Ghtz not affected. 

HOWEVER if you go sailing with others who maybe on 27 or 40 Mhtz RC then an electric motor unsuppressed will affect others and you will not be popular.
Roy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version