Shows, Events, Club websites and Club Events > Commercial Events and News

Noisy Boats ?!

(1/7) > >>

Andyn:
I’m rather concerned as to what I’m going to do with my thousands of pounds worth or RC equipment when the government bans glow fuel. That’ll mean I’m sat on over 10k worth of stuff that I’ll have to try to sell abroad. This is unfortunately another product of the hobby declining

Tug Fanatic:

--- Quote from: Andyn on February 09, 2023, 12:49:38 pm ---............................. when the government bans glow fuel.

--- End quote ---
??? When will it happen ?

Andyn:

--- Quote from: Tug Fanatic on February 09, 2023, 12:54:34 pm ---??? When will it happen ?

--- End quote ---

They will, it’s just a matter of time. You currently can’t buy over 25% nitromethane content fuel without an Explosives Precursor license, which is rumoured to be changing to 16%. I won’t be at all surprised when it’s banned altogether

I’m also dreading the day when my ‘local’ lake (102 mile round trip) where I can actually run my IC boats has them banned because someone in the council decides we can’t have them anymore

Tug Fanatic:
OK i thought that I had missed something.

Circlip:
And why do the local councils ban IC boats? Can't be a noise issue as some of todays electrics sound like portable chainsaws/strimmers. I vividly remember Robbie Coultraine 'Disposing of' an 049 in a Scottish Lock after referring to them as 'Noisy little B****s'

Regards  Ian.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version