Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electrickery Help Please  (Read 723 times)

RichM

• Full Mayhemer
  • Ex Trawler Owner!!!
Electrickery Help Please
« on: March 31, 2023, 01:18:25 pm »

Hi Guy's
Ive just started my Deans Marine Tradition Trawler last night and i'm already thinking ahead with the build.
I will be using a 12V 7Ah Battery as the main power source for the motor, But here's my problem!
I will also have a lighting set up and water pump which are 6v and I know all my Rx, etc is 6v, so, what I want to know is how do I do it all and wire it all up please?
Is there a diagram somewhere that I can follow please?
I have a 6ch Tx and Rx, and will probably be running the same set in most of the models i'll build.
Cheers
Treat her like your mother, cause if you don’t, she will bite back!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Electrickery Help Please
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 01:41:12 pm »

Component Shop sell 3amp output voltage reducers. 3 amps should be enough for the outputs you want or you could simply buy two reducers to get 6 amps. Use one on the lighting, the other on the pump.

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/voltage-reducer-with-led-display-input-3-5v-30v-output-1-2v-30v.html

Colin

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 01:50:36 pm »

Further to Colin's input, if your Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) has a Battery Eliminator Circuit (BEC) it will give the RX the correct voltage.
Don't Assume Check

chas

• Full Mayhemer
  • now in los montesinos Spain.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 03:52:18 pm »

Further still to my esteemed colleagues on the forum, do you know how much current the water pump draws?. If not I would check the current whilst it's pumping, this will help you plan what voltage reducers you need. The lighting is unlikely to be an issue. ( assuming you're using LEDs)
 Alternatively, you could just use a second battery, a little pack of 5 nimh as cells should be fine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.