Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: PT Boat help (not 109)  (Read 3296 times)

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Re: PT Boat help (not 109)
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2023, 01:42:56 pm »

Just to add to Derek's note about alignment between the motor and the propshaft, I don't know whether you've seen one of these but they are rather useful and if you then mount the motor in place with something like silicone sealant, rather than screws, you can just let it set while the alignment tool is in place and then just replace it with the u/j.
https://www.modelboatbits.com/UNIVERSAL-ALIGNMENT-TOOL

Allen A

• Full Mayhemer
  • just keep thinkin Butch that's what you're good at
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2023, 11:13:47 am »

My thanks to all for the comments and tips, I have info that the 'dog-bone' type of connector works well at angles and in fact doing some work on my 1/6 jeep last night I noticed that the main connector there for the 4WD is a semi 'dog-bone' type and well offset too and that does run well I have to admit, so I may leave well enough alone for now, or at least until the boat has had its first outing, not to say 'shake down cruise' before making any changes  ..  ;) :-) 

Well .. its as finished as I think I want to take it, just the waterline painting to neaten up and I may well add some small deck dressings as and when I can find them, life jackets, rope coils etc etc .. but for now I have added the crew, painted one of them to look like an Officer, (chose him as he had some binocs. in his hand)  ..  what  :}2  ... and also used a little bit of imagination in placing the other crew members, so at the risk of 'soliciting feedback' here she is ...
I may not always be right, but I'm not always wrong either ..!!

frogman3

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2023, 12:08:36 pm »

HI Aleen well she looks good love the crew  figs as these bring a model to life an it dont look static well done an i hope your first shake down criuse goes better than my tiger's did
lovely model
atb
chrisb :-))

Allen A

• Full Mayhemer
  • just keep thinkin Butch that's what you're good at
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2023, 04:08:32 pm »

Thanks ..  soooo ... as a prelude to actually sailing her under power, I thought I would do the next (or first) best thing and do a float test ... and she seems to sit with an even keel and trim, also in getting a smaller battery and being able to place it to the rear of the motor instead of in front as the other larger battery was, it has bought the nose up a little to a more realistic stance I think .... I don't really know from boats but it looks right to me ..??
I may not always be right, but I'm not always wrong either ..!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.