Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 41 foot Watson  (Read 585 times)

SimonCornes

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Potteries Model Boat Club
41 foot Watson
« on: September 19, 2023, 10:08:25 am »

I have had the Dave Metcalf kit sitting on my bench for the last 20 years or so and I think I aught to get around to building it! I’ve actually got the motors and shafts in and I’m looking at the deck. To be honest I’m not sure how the printed ply deck can be made to fit because of the compound curvature fore and aft and from beam tk beam so I’m thinking of planking it in 8mm mahogany laminate instead. I’ve just tried to message Neil Howard Pritchard to ask this question only to find he’s not accepting PMs so I’ll ask everyone! My question is whether there should be a margin plank? My understanding is that all planked decks had margin planks to tie in the deck planks at the edge but the printed deck doesn’t show this. Is it maybe because it is raised to form scuppers at the edge? I really don’t know but it would be very useful if I did!
Many thanks
Simon

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 41 foot Watson
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 02:10:44 pm »

Bit of standard practice to fit a margin plank to a planked deck. It helps with the joggling, Funny, I am busy doing just that at the moment, just another 32 planks to go. nemesis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.