Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DEANS MARINE Wickstead /Mayhem weekend report  (Read 1248 times)

Dean's Marine

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dean's Marine
DEANS MARINE Wickstead /Mayhem weekend report
« on: May 29, 2023, 11:16:24 am »

Hi all
 A report from the Modelboatmayhem weekend.
 I'm sure I'll recover from the weekend soon, hot sunshine, light winds and a great crowd, plus I get in 2 days of sailing models of many types., and trialled run the updated R Y Britannia model, see her  in action on you tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r43tl9Xo8iw

Firstly a massive thank you to Nick and the Wickstead club for for organising the thing
 Thanks to Martin, Ruth and Gina for everything they do, and Bacon baps at 8 in the morning are the best thing on earth.
 Thanks to the Wickstead club for letting us make a mess of their lake
 Most importantly, thanks to everyone who turned up.
 It's hard to believe just how enormous this thing is getting now, at 10:30am on Saturday I counted 145 modellers lakeside, approx 36 boats on the water and there was not a clear space around the lake side that was not occupied by a club or trade stand.
 lunchtime it was impossible to count how many people there were around the lake viewing the models by the public, what a advertisement for the hobby. And we picked up some new and younger members to the hobby.
 Here's to next year
  Congrats to all who made it happen and to the management of Wickstead park for letting us have a perfect venue, and the most helpful staff who work at the trust.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries.