Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sea light Clyde Puffer  (Read 1164 times)

Lister

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Sea light Clyde Puffer
« on: October 03, 2023, 11:44:56 am »

Hi Guys,
I’ve nor been on for quite a while but am now building a Clyde Puffer (Sealight, Electric Powered).
I’m struggling to find detailed arrangement of the wheelhouse interior so I can fit it out as accurately as possible.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Lister

ooyah/2

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Sea light Clyde Puffer
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 12:05:25 pm »

Hi Lister

All of the Puffers that were built to run on the Forth and Clyde canal were all generic in that the hulls were all to a specific size to use the canal but the wheel houses were different to fit the owners skippers needs.
Here are 2- pics of one that I built to a scale of 1/2"  to the foot  giving a hull length of 33".  The wheel house roof is removable to install future items.

It may appear strange that the wheel is in the wrong place in the one that I built but many stories tell that the Skipper would stand with his back to the wheel and him facing the direction of travel.

I can't remember where I had the layout from but possibly these pics may help.  Incidentally this Puffer had a steam plant installed

George

Lister

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 12:43:19 pm »

Thank you George, the photo is much appreciated and helpful.
Regards,
Ian (Lister)

ooyah/2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2023, 03:08:51 pm »

Ian,
I have just had the time to do some searches for a Sealight build and there does not seam to be any that I can find.

I am afraid that the pics that I posted are not for a Sealight at 85ft long, this size of puffer will not fit into the Forth and Clyde but did service the outer islands in it's day and used the Crinan canal to cut out the long voyage around the Mull of Kintyre.

My puffer  Skylight was of the 66ft version that used the Forth and Clyde canal and also out to the islands, so the cabin layout does not relate to your model.

Sorry to have misled you, is there no reference in the instructions from who you bought the kit from.

George.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.