Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New member intro  (Read 336 times)

PaulM

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
New member intro
« on: October 26, 2023, 09:46:47 pm »

Hi all. As recommended, a quick intro of me as a new member. My dad was a Captain with T&J Harrison of Liverpool, then later a lecturer in Maritime Studies at John Moores Uni. Over several years he built a 4ft/1.2m model of the Tactician, one of many ships on which he sailed. He was also a member of Crosby Model Boat Club until his death in 2016. He left a few items needing to be completed by me which I, having just retired, will now aim to address. I also need to get a bespoke case built to hold the model when I transport it to where I live down South and to display the model in my house, so I will post a question about that for anyone who doesn't get to see this intro! Thanks for reading.

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
Re: New member intro
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 11:03:05 pm »

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Mayhem! I look forward to seeing your projects as they travel towards completion.

As for display case manufacturers I do not know of any companies in particular. What style of case are you looking for? A good cabinet maker could build you fine case from glass/acrylic with a quality hardwood carcass for a price, and I am certain there are companies advertised who can make Acrylic only cases.

Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.