Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello folks I've got a Gremlin.  (Read 2321 times)

punkie

Hello folks I've got a Gremlin.
« on: November 08, 2007, 09:05:15 am »

Hi Just thought I would say hello.
I have done a bit of model boating, mostly electric.
I am just sorting out a Gremlin sailing boat (I bought it at the BMFA nationals a couple of years ago, and I have been told that it is built from plans in Model boat magazine (MM1505)), and I was advised to come onto this forum as I have no experiance of sailing boats.
I have plenty of access to water, I live on a narrow boat on the river Cam between Cambridge and Ely.
Am I allowed to link to other forums? as I have posted pictures on RCgroups Sailboats section.

Telstar

Re: Hello folks I've got a Gremlin.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 01:17:03 pm »

Hi punkie
I'm sure there are plenty of people who can help you on this site, but a practical demonstration can often be better that hundreds of words.
There is a model boat club at Cambridge, they sail regularly and there is another club sails at Peterborough http://www.pambc.org.uk
I have visited both and found them friendly (they didn't throw me in the lake ;D) and the guys at Peterborough were very helpful
Good luck with your sailing
Cheers Telstar

punkie

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 02:02:00 pm »

Where is the model boat club in Cambridge? are they the lot that are at the lake visible from the A14?

Telstar

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 02:44:06 pm »

Hi
Yes thats the one.  Access is via the hotel car park off Histon Rd. No IC's allowed

Cheers Telstar

punkie

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 04:15:49 pm »

Whens play time there?

Telstar

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 12:08:12 am »

Hi I visited on a Sunday morning, I have their Secretarys phone no if you want I can PM it to you

punkie

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 08:24:42 am »

I will visit them, its only a few miles down the road from me. And about five minutes from where I work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.573 seconds with 19 queries.