Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New member  (Read 720 times)

DougG

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« on: December 04, 2023, 01:51:33 pm »

Hi  My name is Douglas Garland and I have just joined the forum today so I am very new to you all. I live in Gloucestershire  and have been modelling for about 28 years (mainly RC airplanes) but  three years ago I switched to boats and now realise that I should have done this a long time ago. My main interest is in scale, preferably naval and I have built a 1/16 scale Thornycroft Coastal motor boat (from a kit), HMS Bloodhound (MTB) at 1/18 scale, Trident destroyer at 1/92 scale,  a Thornycroft MTB at 1/24 scale and I am currently building a schooner called Fiji Magic, all are scratch built from wood. I look forward to being a member of this forum. 

mikearace

• Full Mayhemer
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 02:25:17 pm »

Welcome

Just down the road from you in South Glos.  I stopped model boat building and sailing in 2014 or so as my Lambretta and Vespa stuff was taking up more and more of my leisure time but have returned to it this year with a couple of small kit builds for my grandsons.  Hope to start building something for myself in the new year and get more sailing time in from my old models when I’ve spruced them up from storage in the garage.  Might see you sometime locally
Not just two wheels...........and never trust a hippie

Dave_S.

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Oxford Model Boat Club
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 07:26:25 pm »

Hi Doug, I'm right next door in West Oxfordshire, also a long-time model flyer who has dabbled in boats over the years, but now does so exclusively.
Ruining perfectly good kits since 1969.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 09:31:36 pm »

Welcome Doug.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

DougG

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 01:36:17 pm »

Thank you for your kind welcome - Mikearace you are just down the road from where I live at Stonehouse. I sail in Gloucester and at Saul Junction just north of Slimbridge  at the junction where the Sharpness/Gloucester canal meets the Stroudwater canal. We meet there on Friday afternoons perhaps you might like to come .  Doug G

mikearace

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 11:35:21 pm »

Sail either in Kingsgate park opposite me or at West Country Water park but once spring is here will venture up your way 👍
Not just two wheels...........and never trust a hippie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.