Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frsky tandem x18  (Read 971 times)

terry1956

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Frsky tandem x18
« on: January 02, 2024, 08:59:59 am »

Hi, today I had a play around with my Graupner tug, I am using the x18 paired up with a flysky TD R10 receiver. However I am getting a lot of interference from the tugs speaker, and only getting the motors rudder bit to work. I am know expert on model boat electrical systems. But if it was a car I would say it’s a bad earth. Is there a way of checking these systems to see if there is a signal coming from the receiver. In other words is there a way to check each component on the model functions correctly by rc control, so I can track the problem. Thanks.

KitS

• Full Mayhemer
  • Getting back into the hobby after years adrift...
Re: Frsky tandem x18
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 01:32:08 pm »

Unplug each servo/ECR connection from the receiver at a time and see which one, or more, of them give you the problem?
Regards
Kit

Akira

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Frsky tandem x18
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 06:34:25 pm »

Couple of questions:

1) is your receiver a FrSky or a Flysky? I do not believe that latter is compatible with FrSky.

2) Is your sound system integrated with your motor controls, ie, ESC's? If so, you might consider disconnecting the sound system and then trying your radio system as stand alone. If it works then, then your sound system connections are an issue.

3) I am running a Tandem XE, but admittedly I have not tried using a Tandem receiver. That said, make sure that you settings in the transmitter are correct, ie, which antenna you are using, internal/external module, if using Tandem that you have set the appropriate output level(watts) ect, ect.In the worst case scenario, use the KISS principal. Start from scratch by hooking up just the radio with basic controls, rudder, throttle. Add one additional layer at a time. If the condition shows up again, it will be because of the last layer that you added.

Good Luck.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.