Sales, Wants & TRADERS > Sales

River Acquarama Zoom. Unique static conversion

(1/1)

EJL:
Many of you know me from my regular features in Marine modelling magazine and after that Model Boats magazine. I had to leave the hobby due to age and health reasons and most of my large collection of famous boats have either been sold, gone to a museum or retained by my family. This model is one of two remaining models I am selling. This is a static model made of wood converted by me to full RC and was included in a feature I wrote for model boats in 2019 explaining how to convert these models coming out of the far east. It is fitted with a hand wound Mega brushless motor, water cooled, a Turnigy 120 Amp ESC which needs a receiver battery (no BEC and set for forward running only) No radio equipment. A buyer would need to set it to their own Radio equipment.. There's plenty of members on here who would help if needed. The good thing is it runs very well at a representative speed on 2 cell lipos. I used 5000's and got a very good run time. The motor connects to the prop shaft (fitted with an oiler) via a heavy duty flexi drive hence no reverse but it could be set for reverse for very low speed reversing otherwise the flexi drive will fail. I have never found a need for reverse, its a record breaking speed boat. Fitted with my own design stainless steel rudder and a commercial metal prop. If, and its a big if, you could find one in the UK converted to RC you would be looking to have to spend considerable more than what I am asking. £175. No offers. Probably best for pick up. I live in NE England near Middlesbrough. (3 minutes from the main A19)
If anyone is seriously interested PM me and I will send further photos (close ups showing the inside etc. As far as I have been able to establish this modified/converted model is unique in the UK. It is 35 inches long x 11 inches at the widest point across the front. BTW sold as seen after its gone I am done with it but I don't sell rubbish. Those who have read my many articles going back nearly 30 years know I tell it as it is. Ernie Lazenby.

EJL:
Reduced £150 No further reductions nor offers. I am all but giving it away at that price.

EJL:
Now sold subject to payment and collection.

EJL:
Admin. Please remove this thread. No longer for sale.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version