Sales, Wants & TRADERS > Traders Section

USS ARIZONA Trumpeter kit ?

(1/1)

Dean's Marine:
HI All Now finished the running gear kit for the Curtis Wilbur someone e-mailed me / asked ?? challenged me to do a kit for the 1/200 Arizona from trumpeter claiming it can not be done. Which means they can not ?  Is there any interest in a running gear set for it twin & quad screw as the other we produce, its a expensive kit to chop up and a lot of work, plus it has been around for along time and other may have done it, but a challenge, it can not be done ? Let me know if there is any interest. Regard Ron

Colin Bishop:
Ron,

Dave Abbott did a full R/C conversion for the Model Boats 2011 Winter Special issue using running gear from SHG Models. It was pubished on the old MB Forum but hasn't come across properly on the new one. However I have Dave's article in MS Word format plus all the published photos and some others showing what is involved which I can send you by WeTransfer if you want.

(the kit has been converted on other occasions as well so it is not an unusual job)

Colin

Dean's Marine:

--- Quote from: Colin Bishop on January 09, 2024, 02:57:50 pm ---Hi Colin many thnaks for the link I wondered how others cured the access to the rudder etc as the hull are solid at the stern now. or possible screw the hull 1/2s together with a silicone sealant on the join ?
 Ron

--- End quote ---

Colin Bishop:
Sorry Ron, I',m not familiar with the kit, only Dave's conversion article. There is quite a lot of stuff online though. It appears there is/was an R/C version.
Colin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version