Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Google mail !!  (Read 933 times)

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
Google mail !!
« on: January 26, 2024, 04:00:24 pm »

Does any one use Google mail , I use this for a club and recently have had some issues  where emails are not being forwarded to the email it has been filtered to.

Eg We have a Central google email eg Runcorn and then from that several which direct to the central one, Eg Secretary , Social Secretary  etc these are then set up so when to received get sent to individuals emails who deal with their set section

So I will send and email to Secretary, this then goes to Runcorn where it is filtered and sent to the relevant person, this part seems to have stopped working so hoping someone might be able to share some insite on this .

Google help do not seem to exist !.

Thanks
Larry

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Google mail !!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 06:19:31 pm »

I stopped using Gmail filter many moons ago....

All my gmail are direct through cc but mainly Bcc

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

tica

• Full Mayhemer
    • Skalamodelskibe
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 06:27:56 pm »

Gmail, yahoo...mail and Appel s... mail all require a specific security level that many hosting site cannot/will not support when using SMF or other open source platforms for webpage.
I'm webmaster on a small site in DK and has a specific messaged on the front page about it and that any who register should notify the webmaster for activation, guess how many do read that messaged and how many just nag nag about not been activated  :o
My postings are only reflecting my own opinion and should not be read as the holy grail of truth :-)

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 07:16:28 pm »

For the Club we had 1 Parent email and 11 sub emails, these all worked until recently, they now do not work even if you send a message directly and not from the website with the exception of 2 I think. for all the others I now get a rejected email message.

Martin
When you say you are using the CC / BCC is that within google ?.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2024, 12:06:39 pm »

Just thinking out of the box.
I am wondering if the browser could be interfering, either at the sender's or receiver's end.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2024, 04:56:14 pm »

Hi All
Thanks for the suggestions.
Problem is now solved.

Basically the provider the site was originally on shut down the servers some years ago, what they must not have done was shut the element dealing with the emails associated with the website and as I had moved the site to another provider and until a few months ago all was well and I assumed the emails were all on the new site.( Without Checking) they must have finally closed the part dealing with emails which made the emails defunct. 

To get around the problem I thought I had with Google Mail I thought to set up the emails with slightly different names on the current site and then I realised that they just needed resetting up  %%  once I had done that all forwarding started to work on Google, so nothing to do with them.

Larry

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.