Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Radio Equipment

Tandem x18 problems

(1/1)

terry1956:
Hi, I am trying to get the following items to work together. Tandem x18 transmitter, TD-R6 receiver, and hobbywing 1060 speed controller which should also power the receiver. So I have bonded the receiver and transmitter together. However even after I have input the speed controller channel into the transmitter along with one other servo. I get no movement at all. I notice that on start up the receiver led, flasks red and blue and then nothing at all. I am running the speed controller off a 12v lead acid battery. I am wondering if the hobbywing gives enough power to the receiver for it to function correctly. Or is it something else. The battery is fully charged.

DocMartin:
Two questions:

1) What motors are you trying to power??

2) Have you attempted to separate the power supply to the receiver?  [i.e. Use an independent power supply to the RX].

The 1060 ESC's BEC should provide more than enough current (2A @ 6V?).  The RX mentioned specs out the operating current to ≤110mA @ 5V, so it's doubtful the BEC is providing TOO LITTLE current (power as you refer to it).

terry1956:
Thanks for your interest. It was my bad. I did not know that you had to register the receiver and then bind it. I thought that the registration was the complete binding operation. I should read the instructions first for a change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version