Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Radio Equipment

Radiolink AT9S transmitter

(1/1)

SimonCornes:
I acquired this radio 'free' when I bought a DF65 yacht last year. a very capable looking radio, in fact so capable that not comes with an 84 page manual! All was well whilst I had one boat programmed into it but now I want to add a second. Is there a quick and easy 'idiot guide' about how to do it? I tried last night and gave up before things went too badly wrong and I lost the set up for the existing yacht. In my simple mind I just want to set up a new 'file' for the new boat and set the stick limits within that. Then I want to know how to ping easily between the two boats. I don't need any aircraft symbols so I might as well leave it so that I can add more boats - I have 3 receivers - so maybe I should make the original boat number 1 and then the second boat number 2 and so on? It all sounds simple but I feel like I'm trying to programme a mainframe!!
HELP!!!

Colin Bishop:
I sympathise Simon but must admit to feeling a bit smug as I bought the Radiolink T8FB BT which has Bluetooth connectivity and can be programmed visually on my phone. I did find some useful Youtube tutorials so it might be worth looking to see if there is one for your set. As it happens, the amended program I made for my Greek Fishing Boat seems to work OK for my paddler too but I need to do a bit more eperimenting. Being able to see it all on the phone app makes things so much easier.

Colin

SimonCornes:
That looks very clever to me Colin!
Part of me thinks I should ditch the Radiolink hardware and replace to with something like a FlySky 6 as a lot of people seem to use that sort of kit but I am damned if I will give up just yet! After all,  how long does it take to read 84 pages of bamboozlement???

SimonCornes:
Well I managed to get a second yacht set up and now I've moved on to a third but I have another query!

Yacht 1 is programme 1, number 2 is 2 so I wanted 3 to be 3, in this case a One Metre yacht (IOM as model name). So I turned on the transmitter and then the receiver and then pushed the bonding button and it flickered away for a second or two then went steady, job done. But when I plugged the sail winch and rudder servo into the receiver the servo movement was completely weird. The winch hardly moved in either direction whereas the rudder moved full range in one direction and wouldn't centre and no matter what I did I couldn't get either to behave normally. I thought it might be a duff receiver but when I selected programme 1 or 2 the receiver behaved perfectly normally so not the receiver. Ultimately I found that programme 10 - out of a total of 15 - would make the servos behave normally so I have 3 yachts set up on programmes 1, 2 and 10 but why can't I get programme 3 or 4 or whatever to behave normally? It must be how they're set up on the transmitter but do you have any idea how I make the damned things behave normally??

Perplexed!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version