Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another new member  (Read 486 times)

RichardRB

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Another new member
« on: March 07, 2024, 08:03:53 pm »

I've been building and making things since I could hold a Swan Morton Knife !I built quite a few boats over the years and started my current project probably 40 years ago but with work and renavating the house its not been touched for about 30 years !So i'm determined to complete it before I leave this world !
Its an open steam launch based  on the Vic Smeed 'River Queen' but scaled up to 2" to the foot giving a length of about 4 ft and beam of approx 14 ", construction is Carvel plaking (Muninga) with steam bent ash ribs - all nailed through to simulate a sort of riveted construction.
The Steam plant is a Stuart Turner Double ten with reversing gear and feed pump. I sleeved it down to about 10mm bore to save steam and reduce its power !I've just replaced my own boiler of years ago with a new one from Jerry at Clevedon Steam.
Currently stripped the hull out and starting installing the plant with a new radio control system. There is certainly more stuff about now than when I started on it.

Will be a while before its ready to launch (its only ever been in the bath - unfortunately we no longer have a bath - but do have showers !) so a test tank is on the list of todo's.
Richard B.

RichardRB

• Shipmate
Re: Another new member
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 05:04:01 pm »

Thought a couple of pics of where I am after stripping out the boat and currently using CAD (cardboard aided design) to mock up alterations to seats etc to conseal  the new servos to control the steam and reversing gear.

RichardRB

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 05:33:27 pm »

Sorry but cant get image upload to work - seems to accept them but not display anything.
No idea what is going wrong - images are pretty small in size ?

Dave_S.

• Full Mayhemer
  • Member of Oxford Model Boat Club
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 06:27:42 pm »

I must have have tried nearly a dozen times to upload an image to my SHG Shadow build thread yesterday, and another couple of times today, and suddenly it worked. I hadn't changed what I did, it just decided to work eventually. I used the 'add image to post' link in blue just below the area I am typing in now.

Ruining perfectly good kits since 1969.

RichardRB

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 09:44:52 pm »

Hi Dave thanks for replying - yes thats what I was doing but it seemed to accept them but did not display them.
Will try again.
Richard B.

RichardRB

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 06:34:28 pm »

Hope the pics upload !

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 08:57:11 pm »

Add image to post requires use of the photo hosting site ModelBoatMayhem-Images - Image Hosting for Model Boat Mayhem only
Using Attachments option is much easier and quicker.

Don't Assume Check
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.