Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth Carrier 2024.03.20 - Fire onboard  (Read 545 times)

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Queen Elizabeth Carrier 2024.03.20 - Fire onboard
« on: March 23, 2024, 03:58:29 am »

HM Queen Elizabeth carrier fire onboard 16.03.2024 - 9 Crew injured......

http://ct.moreover.com/?a=53384793019&p=2rt&v=1&x=DfkKOLaOdvnn5d8pDfYAeg&ueid=0fc09aeb-80bd-475a-a3a0-2822391cc3db&o=APN12174&ad=dirN&ctype=web&locale=en_US&doi=2021-01-04&cmpgn=nov20&browser=Chrome&prod=DS&installSource=client

This chap, the Earl of Minto sounds as though he has a good head for all things nautical....... {-)
His real name is......Gilbert Timothy George Lariston Elliot-Murray KynynmoundG
--------------------------
While moored at Glen Mallan on Loch Long, Argyll and Bute, earlier in March, HMS Queen Elizabeth suffered a fire in an accommodation area which the navy said was “quickly brought under control”
The Earl of Minto, a defence minister of state, has said the issue on the carrier is not thought to be as serious as the propeller shaft defect which led to nine months of drydock work on Prince of Wales".
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
Re: Queen Elizabeth Carrier 2024.03.20 - Fire onboard
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 08:01:06 am »

Derek

I can find no reference to any injury in that report. Where did you see 9 injured?
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 09:16:02 am »

Just the media reports Nick........Google has half a dozen similar headline/reports........
Derek Warner

Australia
www.ils.org.au

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 09:48:53 am »

Interesting because the BBC says on their website that there were no injuries.
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

littoralcombat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2024, 12:00:13 am »

Unfortunately more gutter press 'reporting' Gents, the worst I've seen relating to this minor incident (so far) being by The Sun. They even made reference to some of the Crew having had a few beers as if it was a crime and was associated with the fire. And for some reason they kept showing an image of a Spanish Navy Frigate?
The reality is that fires occur on Ships regularly, they always have. But now with the Internet we have an avenue for all of the 'Armchair Engineers' and 'Keyboard Warriors' to chip in with their two penny's worth.
And don't think for a minute that the National Broadcasters are any better. The BBC standards of reporting accuracy have progressively declined, as have those of the ABC here in Australia who are absolute shockers. It's all about filling their quota of words/stories for the month, most likely a K.P.I governing their annual pay rises.
I've no doubt that some of the Crew who initially tackled the fire were medically assessed for any effects due to smoke inhalation, but by the time the press have finished with the story several will have been reported as having had lung transplants and one is in an iron lung for the rest of his or hers life.
Cue the Trolls.......
Nige

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024, 04:42:13 am »

I made comment last week in another RN thread questioning on why the RN allow such matters as......a 'Trident Missile failure' .....to become public knowledge
Did he, the Earl of Minto {-) felt he needed some exposure as a Lord in military matters & blab to the media about a reported fire onboard the QE with such an obscure reference to another incident on the QE that required 9 months to resolve?

I don't see any real difference in this latest trash reporting of the internal accommodation fire onboard the QE to the Trident missile incident........
Neither should not be tabeled in the public domain

Derek
Derek Warner

Australia
www.ils.org.au

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2024, 09:32:29 am »

Nautically we seem to be in a slow news window. Don't worry , someone will soon accidentally hit the whizz bang button.
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2024, 12:48:00 pm »

I saw a report this morning saying that the US Carrier Eisenhower has now been on station in the Red Sea in action against the Houthi missiles and drones for five months now without a port call and making round the clock sorties with her air group. That is a pretty impressive achievement.

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.