Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My new flagship vehicle 1/8 Jeep wrangler rubicon now in hand  (Read 782 times)

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!

The latest RC car rated as the flagship in my ground fleet is this 1/8 Jeep wrangler rubicon now under modification to meet
my requirements to be able to go through all the terrains. {-) ...I'm joking a bit and too much exaggerative....?? {-) %% :-))
But it might not be joking from the inside mechanisms and outside profile...It seems to have some kind of potential to go through
most terrains where I will go for trail runs in the near future...... O0 O0 O0 :-)) :-)) :-))

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
Re: My new flagship vehicle 1/8 Jeep wrangler rubicon now in hand
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2024, 04:45:28 am »

Initial modifications were made to three points, to add a digital V meter, vehicle number plates and a body holding string to keep it open for maintenance.
Two are for practical purposes and the other for a good scale realism. O0
This car seems originally well-crafted so that there will be few to add or modify it except a scale appearance and some dress up works of my own style.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 02:25:52 am »

In the second place, this jeep has not been equipped with a spare tire at the back door so that I made an only tire cover
for just a scale realism. At the same time this rigid tire cover(case?) could be a storage space for some small parts or something like that. :-))
A Spare tire itself for this size might be comparatively heavy which may lead to rear heavy body which is unfavorable when climbing a bit steep slope....But I may try the tire in a trail run if I should get it in the future though. :embarrassed:

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 02:55:31 am »

For the third place, I added some lettering, some accessories and some stickers to the hull to have it looked like a real car. O0 %%
I think the jeep may look a bit like a real crawler with these dress-ups. :-))

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 08:22:10 am »

Well then, it's about the time to get into the first trial run briefly on the road to grasp how long/far it will go on with a single
battery 5000mAh 3s lipo.
To conclude, it ran as far as 5.6km(3.5miles) with a 775motor and an overall weight of 4.6kg which is good beyond my expectation for this 1/8 scale long distance cruiser . :-)) :-)) :-))
This means another one battery will fulfill 10km trail run(if it's mild run)sufficiently...!!!! :-)) :-)) :-)) %) %) %)
This could be called "the jeep" literally????, "the king of land"???.!! ...like me who is still a long distance runner?? :D :embarrassed: O0 :-))
The jeep went more than around our boating lake in the pic No1 below.  Distance around the lake is 4.7km.

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2024, 10:54:38 am »

The fourth modification is to install a pair of edge protection mouldings to the underside of doors.
I found the stuff for the mouldings in the odds and ends this time like I did in the case of making spare tire cover. {-)
Buying ready-made parts through the internet, they would cost me about USD17 and 18 days to get!!!!..... {:-{ :D

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2024, 12:39:02 pm »

Customization project is still under way. :-))
4 shackles were painted red and many other equipments were also added after proper painting.
This jeep model is becoming really a jeep model with these cosmetic works. {-) O0 %%

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2024, 07:43:34 am »

And next goes to a winch which is, so to say, a kind of symbol of a rock crawler car in these days. O0 O0
That's why I couldn't help installing it to my jeep and this is a working one as to wind up the wire for towing the 4.9kg hull
powerfully as seen in the pics below. :-)) :D :embarrassed: O0
I had beforehand a suspicion about the capability to tow the car with such a small motor of the winch....but....slowly but powerfully, silently did it actually.!!!! :-)) :o

However,I do not intend to get into muddy terrain nor somewhere like that at all with this jeep model..!! {-) {-) {-) O0

ChrisF

• Full Mayhemer
  • What's my favourite cake!
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2024, 08:45:15 am »

Looks really good with all your additional bits and pieces on it. Nice little winch.

Chris
Building Fairey Marine boats: River Cruiser 23 prototype, Huntress 23 Long Cabin with stern-drive, Huntsman 28, Huntsman 31 and Swordsman 33 and two more to come! All scratch built and to a scale of 1:12

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2024, 12:14:50 pm »

Chris,
Thank you for your always friendly and kind comment.!! %%

Kiyo

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2024, 06:12:39 pm »

I love it  :-))
Steamed up all the time

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2024, 05:31:47 am »

SteamboatPhil,

Thanks a lot for your kind comment.!!  :-)) :embarrassed:

Kiyo

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2024, 06:12:36 am »

This time, I changed the original wheel /tires to the aluminum bead rock wheel /tires like a real and orthodox rock crawler.!! O0 %) :-))
From the point of a nice appearance, the original black wheel looks too monotonous for my impression as the tire itself
is black.. O0     Therefore, I have hoped it something like an accent in the whole black colored wheel/tire.
In this sense, combination of silver and black is good enough for a tough looking rock crawler car.!! {-) :embarrassed: :D
Moreover, lots of bolt heads do seem to enhance so powerful an impression on the car itself.  O0 {-)

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 11:33:48 am »

Next goes to the bare spare tire on the back door which I think would be a typical image of the jeep wrangler...??
By hanging the tire along the back door, the jeep model looks really jeepish ,doesn't it..?? Don't you think so..?? {-) {-) O0 :-))
By the way, I have ever heard that Japan is the country where the jeep is the best sold in the world except USA.  :o

Backerther

• Full Mayhemer

This item is indispensable to make as far as many equipments are already put on the car roof neatly.!!
Unless the ladder is set, the configuration of my jeep will be something contradictory, won't it ??? O0 %% {-)
Therefore, I made it simply. :-))  After use of the ladder, it must be loaded on the roof again for departing..!! :-))

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

How good are the tyres?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 23 queries.