Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Customer Service  (Read 85018 times)

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: Great Customer Service
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2006, 10:41:46 am »

Chromedome

Already done by others - read back through this thread.

Doug
Don't Assume Check

ambernblu

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2006, 11:02:05 am »

... I know others have said it, but i have never had any hassle with Deans Marine. Ron has always been brilliant with any issues I've had (missing bits replaced immediately) and his help with my original (learning curve) boat (not a Deans kit but a balsa model built from a plan) was crucial to its speedy completion!

I'm looking forward to going on Friday 1st September - anyone else going that day? It would be good to put faces to Forum names!

Cheers

Brian

splodger

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2006, 01:37:13 pm »

It's true that in general Ron Dean has a pretty good name for after sales service, but I think it all depends on the mood he's in. If you get a cheery "'ello, Ron 'ere!" when you phone, you'll probably be OK. If you get any other response, it might be a good idea to try again next day.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2006, 03:01:09 pm »

Right on . I thought I was speaking to two different people at first. Still no complaints, service good.
                                                                                               Richard
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

ajg141

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2006, 05:50:28 pm »

I would like to add a word in praise of Chris Cloke at Sheerline. The submariners amongst you will have read elsewhere of the upgrading he has done to the Trafalagar class model and I decided to go down this path to improve the handling of mine. My home-built wooden crate containing the module left Edinburgh last Thursday (31st August) and  re-appeared today (8th Sept) with all the work beautifully completed. This was a major re-build as the module was one of the earlier ones and had to have the motor and gearbox replaced too. The whole lot re-appeared with all the necessary additional parts, a full set of instructions and a wonderful DVD of his new type 2D Coastal U-boat sailing at Norwich complete with German naval music. Very many thanks for your efforts Chris. Brilliant service.

Andrew

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2006, 02:20:01 pm »

I have just ordered a running set from G. Sitek.
He called me back, and even offered an SWA discount without being asked.
A considerable discount too, well paid for my membership this year!!!
Well Pleased, but this is just his usual service.
No, nothibg to do with him or the company, just makes buying a pleasant experience, even though I am parting with MY money!!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2006, 06:10:08 pm »

Have to agree with Bob. My last order was shipped before he received my cheque. In my experience he always calls to verify what you want.

Barrie

Ivor the Engine

« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2006, 06:38:22 pm »

I posted a thread relating to the Caldercraft Sir Kay kit. I actually e-mailed Caldercraft direct with some queries several days ago and I'm still waiting for a reply, while members of the forum, presumably with no financial interest in Caldercraft, were extremely quick to reply.

To be fair to Caldercraft, they may not have received my e-mail (although all my other e-mails are getting through, as are my postings to the forum) or the person charged with providing technical advice may currently be unavailable. Either way I am a little disappointed considering how much the model costs, and which I was prepared to pay had it fitted my requirements.

On the other hand I received a reply from Dean's Marine the same day as my request for info regarding their compact kits, and I have just contacted GT Models today, so I will let you know how I get on.

Ivor the Engine

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2006, 08:42:27 pm »

Further to my last post, george Turner models replied to me the next working day, and were very honest about the suitability of the kit for a beginner, although they did say that help and advice was just a phone call away. I am still waiting to hear from Caldercraft...!

In terms of help and advice I'd rate Dean's marine and GT models very highly, and I haven't parted with a penny yet!

Welsh_Druid

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2006, 04:07:31 pm »

It was raining on Sunday so I didn't go to the lake.    Instead I was working on my latest model using my belt sander when the blasted belt broke and I had not got another.  The only place on the web I could find that stocked the size I wanted was Screwfix. I placed an order online - this is SUNDAY remember- and they were delivered today - Monday at 1-00 p.m.

Thats what I call real service.

Don 

GOGSAMWE

« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2006, 05:04:21 pm »

Well, I recently purchased my new winter project from Germany  ;D

http://www.moduni.de/

OKay, their English part of the web site  is not the greatest.. but hey there are web translators ;)

Anyway, their web site DID say it was "to order, expected in 2 weeks.."
I am in no rush SO I placed the order, used my CC,, no problem.

Email confirmation arrived in English..., two weeks passed... I enquired... ? whats the update ?
Very sorry, its overdue... do you want to cancel or wait ?

I will wait  , thanks.....

Next day ........Despatched from Germany on Thursday, arrived at my Door Monday ( 3rd working day) ;D

Best of all ?

VAT and Carriage paid AND insured orders over 125 euro.. and even better.. saved 25% on the very best price any UK dealer could offer ( and the UK  want to charge me carriage on top of a £200 order)!!

This comes from an authorised offical "dealer" ..... no grey import.... no hidden charges, fully guaranteed, fresh stock.

Excellent service, from an Excellent German company.

Well pleased,well happy ! I SHALL deal with them again

Steve ;D

2772e

• Simon
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Sea Shall Not Have Them
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2006, 05:20:47 pm »

Wish i could get hold of Jim at JJC Electronics. Has he left the country?
Rubbin is Racin!

laserblue16

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2006, 05:42:31 pm »

SLEC. CANNOT BE FAULTED.

Bob Russell

• Shipmate
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2006, 03:46:43 am »

How about a Canadian perspective......I have had nothing but excellent service from all of the British model boat trade. I have ordered items stateside and waited months for it. Ten days is the usual turnaround time from Britain....you can't beat that.
In no particular order....
Model Slipway
Sirmar
Model Dockyard
Electronize Design
Action
Speedline
Westbourne Model Center
Jotika

If I missed any it is not intentional....

All are fantastic to deal with.....you lads vare very lucky to live in such a small place with sooooo many clubs and traders.....out here in the wilds of the praries we have to go a longgg way to find another club.

I have been to the UK several times and enjoy it each time. I have been to the old Greenwich Model Boat show in 96 and at Beale shows in 1998 and 2001....I can't wait to get back again....

Best regards from Canada

Bob Russell
Winnipeg

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2006, 02:06:31 pm »

Well you should try China.

I have had people be abusive to my wife, telling her she must be stupid for wanting to buy soemthing they don't usually stock.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Scottie

« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2006, 07:57:15 pm »

Mtronics - For replacing two blown ESC's without hassle and for taking the time to investigate a problem I was having with their ESC's.

Scottie

flag-d

« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2006, 10:45:52 pm »

Four or five weeks ago, I sent a damaged (soaked by sea water once too often!) slave sound module to JJC to see if Jim could fix it.  I heard nothing back until last Saturday when I got a brand new one through the post, free of charge.  Jim I know is a busy man and often abroad (I believe), so response times are sometimes slow, as others have reported, but the service, when he does get the time, is second to none...and I haven't heard anything else commercially available which sounds a tenth as good as his MTB (triple V-12 Packards) sound module!

Mike

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2006, 08:28:56 am »

My daughter gave me a Perkasa kit last Christmas. Anglia models were very helpful with powertrain advice and rapid supply - they actually read their e-mails and send helpful replies. It's a shame they didn't get a mention in the MB Kit special - their Precedent range is small but they are some of the last real kits. 

Tralee

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2006, 10:14:41 am »

I have not yet had a lot of experience with Model suppliers as i am fairly new to the hobby but those i have dealt with have all given me excellent service ,especially Pandan Models who turned my very small order round in less than 24 hours  well done to them, aslo to A Model World and Howes both very knowledgable and helpful   :) :) :) :)

ajg141

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2006, 11:45:10 am »

A word of praise for Marionville Models (http://www.marionvillemodels.com/sitemap.aspx) in Edinburgh. I ordered a model they don't normally stock on Friday - and got a phone call yesterday (Monday) to say it had arrived. You can't do better than that!

Andrew

kayem

• Full Mayhemer
  • .....excellent!
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2006, 10:30:10 am »

This may interest a few of you, it certainly explains some recent problems I've been having with suppliers. I was talking on the phone just now to a fairly well known supplier of model bits, mainly to ask him if he'd received an e-mail I'd sent. He admitted to only checking all his e-mails "Once or twice a week...". This supplier has featured in either this thread or another one about supplier delivery problems, though in his case I don't think the mention was particularly unfavourable, but since he's not one of the biggest offenders where customer contacts are concerned, I'm not going to name him. And before anyone asks, yes, he has got a broadband connection. Seems to me that's a bit like storing up all the mail that comes through your letterbox and having just one set day each week to open it, ignoring it all the rest of the time. The many communication advances of the twentyfirst Century are wasted on some of these people, aren't they?
"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book; inside of a dog, it's very dark" Groucho Marx

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2006, 03:05:44 am »

...He admitted to only checking all his e-mails "Once or twice a week...". ... The many communication advances of the twentyfirst Century are wasted on some of these people, aren't they?

Are they? ???
I tell the managers I train to only turn on their email twice or three times a day. Otherwise they will (and often do) stop everything to answer an email. This means that they are constantly stopping important >:( work to deal with the emails. Everytime you stop it takes time to get up to speed again. Emails are rarely if ever really urgent (except to the sender). If everything has priority then nothing has priority.

Setting aside a time to only deal with emails is a very good idea ;), granted once a week is probably not enough.
It allows people to dedicate time to serving the customers needs. Most of the business we are talking about here do not have the resources to employ someone to just do emails.

I think if we are not careful the technology can be our master and not our servant. I live in a city where people will take phone calls sitting on the bog :-[, they even have phones next to the bog at home. ::)
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2006, 05:57:03 am »

John Darke of Darkes Enterprises in Queensland Australia, he supplies virtually anything for the hobby and does so extremely quickly, and even sends the item with the invoice in it and you pay for it when reveived....Brilliant I will always use this service...

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

Roger in France

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2006, 06:12:05 am »

Any commercial manager should not be reading Email haphazardly, I agree. My complaint is that many never read their mail! Some companies even send automated replies saying they will respond in three days (or whatever) but never do. Examples: Norton/Symantec; Phillips Electronics - very recently.

My pet hate is vast corporations with Customer Service Departments, who have a Customer Charter and who require their staff to issue formulaic and trite statements such  as "...your call is important to us...." but do nothing about it.

As I have the time (and a lot of experience of handling customer complaints, before I retired) if I can find a name and address I write to the Chief Exec. or the Chairman or President of such corporations and tell them just how badly there organisations are doing on this front. I usually get no response. However, one major Company had their "Customer Relations Senior Executive" write to me and tell me how well they were doing and how much profit they made last year! It did not seem to occur to them that if they got such things right they would make even more profit.

Roger in France.

banjo

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2006, 12:56:52 pm »

ANGLIA MODEL CENTRE

Mr Brian Hall
On  the ball

:)
5 Star
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.