Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Customer Service  (Read 85043 times)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Great Customer Service
« Reply #275 on: December 08, 2009, 09:20:37 pm »

Its what we've come to expect from Malcolm, Peter, only over here you order AM and the goods arrive following day.

Excellent Service. :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

regiment

« Reply #276 on: July 21, 2010, 04:40:13 pm »

good service  orded some esc  from dave of action yesterday  told me what i needed  arrived today  at 10 30 that is what i call  also orded item from components shop  same time that arrived today  three stars  i think

Nordsee

« Reply #277 on: July 22, 2010, 02:23:47 pm »

I ordered a Morph 96 from them, it is Magic, super service and an Instruction sheet even I understood. Buy British, we do still make Super Kit!

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #278 on: August 17, 2010, 12:05:21 pm »

Rang FLJ at ACTion yesterday afternoon (16/8/10) and his change of status from standby mode to full activity when he heard the rustle of money was truly impressive. Having (almost) painlessly seperated me from my cash, he promised to send the gizmo by close of business.

Lo and behold it came through the letter box at 1030hrs today. As described and with all the literature required. Thank you.

Barry M

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #279 on: August 17, 2010, 01:36:53 pm »

Cornwall model boats are good if you know what you want, but I have never had a reply from an email query

Cant fault the stuff Ive bought from him, his international postage charges are the best Ive found.

Couple of good ebay sellers I have used to buy gear for RC cars and boats

Dinball, demon99, RC sausage dog
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

mikgo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #280 on: September 23, 2011, 11:31:02 am »

Hi All
I want to thank Mtroniks for the very good service and advice I have received from. I have had a problem with a Viper 40amp ESC, Firstb of all they talked me through the setup to make sure everything was ok, Then said to send the unit back to them and within a week a new one arrived. In this day and age that is very good service plus many thanks to Models by design for there help with this matter. I think if we get good service from companies we should take them time to say thank you on sites like Mayhem.  :-))  :-))
if we didnt have boats, we'ved  have webbed feet

Kangaroo1

« Reply #281 on: September 24, 2011, 08:47:40 pm »

I just wanted to add my two penneth to this thread.... and praise Model Slipway...

I simply showed an interest, in another post, to their Vosper RTTL. Shortly afterwards I received a PM from Jackie asking me if I wanted to see a copy of the original review of the model, which she kindly emailed to me the next day, including a link to another build thread on the forum, and she also added a little advice too.

Considering I was only a potential customer, this is what I would call "excelling" in customer services!   

I have therefore now chosen my next project, based on this, and will be purchasing this model from them very shortly!

Steve.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #282 on: September 25, 2011, 09:41:03 am »

I am a  Newbie to the hobby so I have limited experience with the trade, add to that I am across the pond ( Canada) . However I have had good service from Sam @ Cornwall model boats, very good service from Martin @ Westbourne, who always has time to chat & explain things to the dumb among us. LAST but not the least Grumpy & Sarcastic Dave @ ACTion electronics who has in all my years of doing business (there are lots & I am not telling ) given me some of the best service I have ever had. We are very fortunate to have such people investing & servicing our hobby, & from me at least a very big thank you go out to all three companies. Mick B.
Mick B.

mikearace

« Reply #283 on: September 25, 2011, 10:24:58 am »

I would add Deans to this too.  I know some people, myself included, have the odd niggle at times about sometimes vague bits in the instructions or the odd printed plastic issue or numbering of fittings that doesnt always match the plan, Deans, in particular Ron, are always happy to talk people through issues regardless how silly the question and give advice and remedy any issues with kits without delays. 

rickles23

« Reply #284 on: September 25, 2011, 01:59:57 pm »

Hi,
Model Slipways.

They sent me a pair of stabilizers at no cost to Australia.

I only asked if they sold the stab kit separately.

Regards

mikearace

« Reply #285 on: September 25, 2011, 02:02:58 pm »

Well I run out of words to describe MSW Jackie's approach to customer service.  I think she wrote the book on it.

Kangaroo1

« Reply #286 on: September 26, 2011, 01:25:38 pm »

I should have also mentioned Sails etc. I needed a new mast joiner and they were recommended to me a couple of weeks ago and they were excellent. They were very helpful on the phone even checking the measurements of the existing part etc. to make sure that they were able to supply a correct replacement. And I received the part the next morning. 

Would definitely recommend them!

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #287 on: September 28, 2011, 07:54:31 am »

I am still getting great service from Dave @ ACTion despite saying he was " grumpy & sarcastic" so I have up graded him to " Quick witted & sharp replies" PS= I still stand by my first post (time to duck) Mick B.
Mick B.

stubbsy

« Reply #288 on: September 29, 2011, 07:44:31 pm »

adrian from speedline model is a great chap to deal with, very helpful. cant recomend him enough. there have been a few critics on here but i can only praise his service so far :-))

cheers

stubbsy :-)

Chuffy

« Reply #289 on: November 22, 2011, 03:14:23 pm »

A very quick post about Action Electronics and Steam Master. I have NEVER, yes I know I'm shouting, had any reason to go over the top about the general services and products throughout my entire modelling career of over 40 years, of any company that I have used in the course of my hobbies. They have either been rubbish, fair to middling or average i.e. or what I would have expected.I placed an order some weeks ago with Action for a speed controller it arrived almost within hours, or so it seemed, worked first time with clear instructions and cured the horrible whine I had been getting from the motors, well pleased!

Went to Warwick with the Wicksteed club for three days and had already decided to change all my electrics to one supplier so off to the Action stall. Said to Dave I have this huge Tug, I have a motor this end and a receiver the other end, I want all the bits in between and a few bells and whistles on top, inside 20 min all done bill paid, me happy chappie, Next day same thing, I have another boat, not saying what as this Forum has ears, same thing, wam bam thank you mam, and i was on my way. Any way spent most of yesterday wiring up the two systems, very complex, a bit nerve racking but everything worked as it should first time and instructions a piece of cake. Many thanks Dave and Liz for that and also for all the advice.

Next Steam Master, had to wait a short while for this unit but was kept informed all along. Arrived today the packing and presentation would have done justice to a multinational company. Full colour instruction manual and full colour fold out wall chart, how things go together, schematic diagrams, that sort of thing. Knocked out a couple of bungs plugged A into B and it was chucking out thick white smoke within about 20 min, and it works on 6v-12v-and 18v, I only tried the first two, well chuffed. Many thanks to Richard at Steam master for that.

No connection with either of these companies other than they have both had a relationship with my credit card.

Paul

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #290 on: August 06, 2012, 10:48:19 pm »

I just thought I would say (mainly to be helpful to Newbies) on some very recent purcases that

Prop Shop - gave me some great advice - made some props up - delivered very quickly
Kehrer Modellbau Berlin - delivered some Jet drives very promptly - only advice is check your parcel is all correct on delivery
Model Boat Bits have been great with my all last three purchases and happily gave advice when asked
Macs Mouldings were spot on with purchases
Nautical Marine Models of Brscough Bridge Lancashire sold me avery nice hull
I have an order for timber in with Twigfolly ..... and by all accounts I won't be disappointed there.
Scale Hobbies Skelmersdale are good too, though the shop is only open Friday and Saturday now.

Just my opinion ............ but also a way of saying thanks to the suppliers - I value good service and advice.

Dave

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #291 on: August 06, 2012, 10:54:39 pm »

Re the jet drives any chance of some pictures, and what size of model were they for ?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #292 on: August 06, 2012, 10:58:32 pm »

Topics merged.   :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

NFMike

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plague Marine Services
« Reply #293 on: August 06, 2012, 11:51:16 pm »

I'll just give a +1 for Westbourne. I ordered a Model Slipway kit plus two motors and couplings online. I saw 'inserts' mentioned but as a newb had no idea if I actually needed them, or which sizes if I did, so I didn't order any on the basis I'd see what shaft ends I had when I got the stuff and take it from there.

However, Westbourne (can't remember the name given now) noticed the 'missing' part of the order and rang to ask if it was correct. He knew what was needed, so it was sorted out and paid over the phone there and then. Good service.

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #294 on: August 07, 2012, 12:10:15 am »

Re the jet drives any chance of some pictures, and what size of model were they for ?

pm/links sent

Dave

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #295 on: August 07, 2012, 02:13:08 am »

Dealing as I have to do from across the pond ( Canada ) I will list the suppliers that ALWAYS supply great service,ACTion Electronics, Cornwall model boats, The Component Shop, Marks Model Boat Bits, The Prop Shop. I will not name the ones I will not deal with again. Finally Jackie @ Model Slipway is the pick of the class & nice to a fault & I should not miss out The RNLI plans service that were both fast & a pleasure to deal with. Mick B.
Mick B.

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #296 on: August 07, 2012, 11:31:28 am »

Now this is what I call good service......I ordered four FR15hvr spweed controllers from david at Electronize yesterday at about 2.00pm and they arrived this morning at 11.00am....truly superb.

as for poor service......ordered and paid for 20 AA recharge Duracell batteries off ebay from a "saidul7" and paid immediatlely by paypal.........they took 20 days to arrive........no comment, but they were coming from the same place as Electronize.
neil.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #297 on: August 07, 2012, 08:02:33 pm »

Dear Mick,

Component Shop - I completely agree... :-)) Very good people indeed. That reminds me, I must get round to ordering some batts. from them to replace some dead Ni-Cd's! - been meaning to do so for the last year or so %) :-)

After two years being laid up, I must get all my vessels on the water this year :-))

Regards, Bernard

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #298 on: August 07, 2012, 08:11:57 pm »

After two years being laid up :-))
Bernard I run a home that accepts distressed and abandoned boats O0
You will get a postcard every month from your sponsored vessel
The Service is Excellenent  :}

Dave

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #299 on: August 07, 2012, 09:22:45 pm »

Dear Dave,

Thankfully mine not distressed or abandoned! {-) Good try though I give you that!!! {-) :} LOL

They are good aren't they. Mind you, so have been a few others, and I will dig their names out and Post.

Regards, Bernard
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.